Sudbury

livinisfishin

I'm not from sudbury. I drove past that black hole lots when I would go out west. Then about 10 years ago I went to visit and was amazed at how green it was,I couldn't believe the work they had done. I really enjoyed it there.

The outdoors is great. I was also hanging with a "special" friend so that may have had something to do with it as well?

Sudbury was a great place (years since I've lived there) to be from. Outdoor activities are at most 20 minutes away. I lived there for six years. I would move back in a minute if I could do what I do on a daily basis for work. Winter can be down right horrible if you're not into outdoor winter activities.

Edited by nofish4me

Lots of great fishing right in town and with in 1 hour any direction you will find 100's of lakes and rivers to fish from. There is a great bunch of guys with MCI who have the Sudbury chapter of Muskies Canada they do many outings and are all great people.

I lived there for around 13 years and it was great I would like to get back up in the area again one day. If your into the outdoors you will find a lot to keep you going. Dont worry about what they Sault boys say they are mad that they get all the snow and hate the fact that Sudbury misses most of the big storms but can travel to the good areas LOL.

I lived in Sudbury (Garson actually) from about 1975 to 1981 (yes I'm that old). The problem for visitors to Sudbury is the highways go through the areas worst damaged by the nickel smelting before they put up the superstack. Its a lot nicer now since when I lived there, but it is still greener away from the highways.

If you like the outdoors, Sudbury is a great place. There is good fishing all around. The north branches of the French river are not too far away as is the west end of Nipissing. Short drive up 144 towards Timmins gets you into some fantastic areas too. Lake Wanipatei is a big body of water near Sudbury with reasonably good fishing.

Winters are pretty cold so make sure you buy a good snow mobile and enjoy it! If you live on the outskirts of Sudbury you will be able to snow machine out your driveway and go as far as you want to.

It was a great place to live when you are young.

The only people that like Sudbury are the ones that have never lived anywhere else

I'm sorry, but what a stupid thing to say. I know lots of people who moved away in the mid nineties when the economy here was bad and they are moving back in droves. That's part of the reason for the low vacancy rate that was spoken of.

I left Sudbury in 1996 and spend about 5 years living in the 905 and 519 areas. For me, life up north beats life down south in every reason that matters. I'm home.

Guest Johnny Bass

I really enjoyed Sudbury. Peaceful place. The only problem I heard was with bears(Yet I didn't get to see one!), so hope you own a boat or carry your shot gun fishing deep in the bush! Lots of places to fish for sure.

When I was up north this past summer, I spoke to a young fella who was from Sudbury and he said it was full of mafia and punk kids who will mug you and stomp you out just for the kick of it if walking on the streets at night.

...so not much different than most other cities then...

When I was up north this past summer, I spoke to a young fella who was from Sudbury and he said it was full of mafia and punk kids who will mug you and stomp you out just for the kick of it if walking on the streets at night.

"In a recent release from Statistics Canada on crime statistics for 2007, Greater Sudbury saw a 9.3 per cent decrease from the previous year, essentially making it the fifth safest metropolitan area (100,000 to less than 500,000 population) in Canada."

http://www.northernlife.ca/News/PoliceandCourt/2008/07-21-08-crimeTOP.aspx