Spinning Bullet

ohhenrygsr

looks like a job for Myth Busters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thumbsup_anim.gif

Those myth busters guys are a joke. They try something their way, and if the results aren't replicated they consider stuff a bust. Have seen them miss the boat a few times, and i haven't seen the show that much.

Best one was probably when they corked a baseball bat to see if it improved the hitting distance. They corked a bat and used a machine to hit balls and measured the velocity or distance or something off the cork bat. No measurable improvement so they called it a myth. Totally missed that the cork is not to make the bat springy.....its to make the sweet spot bigger....which does result in more home runs, but not because its "springy".

video got taken down, many myths they have called busted are not actually busted. They get complaints all the time. I watch it regularly, and can think of dozens of ones that get got wrong.

I watch because I get a kick out of seeing what they dream up as a way to test the premise. I liked the lead balloon they built recently. The whole premise kinda silly from the gitgo but the cosntruction was fun.

My first thought when the young guys were testing how long you could hang from a ledge by your fingertips was "Why drop past an open window?" Was anyone surprised when the guy ripped his shin on the ledge?

But the show's kinda fun, if a little silly at times.

JF

No. Nope. Not a chance.

Looks like you're right. I always thought a hollow or bigger bat had a bigger sweetspot, kind of like a big bertha golf club (or those ones that had the hollowed out back that apparently weren't allowed on the tour because of it).

Edited by cram

Oh, and for the record i believe in the spinning bullet.

Also believe those kids need their brains checked. What they were doing was really stupid. Also stupid to post it on youtube (someone is going to kill themselves trying it for themselves).

Looks like you're right. I always thought a hollow or bigger bat had a bigger sweetspot, kind of like a big bertha golf club (or those ones that had the hollowed out back that apparently weren't allowed on the tour because of it).

"Aluminum" (the high end ones aren't aluminum anymore) bats do have larger sweet spots, and can be much lighter than wood for a given length. It's all about bat speed and ball speed. The juveniles will love that. :whistling:

I find it hard to believe that they can: shoot a bullet at point blank range, find it right in the area that they shot it, and it is not distorted.

There is a lot of kinetic energy missing. :thumbsup_anim::dunno:

"Aluminum" (the high end ones aren't aluminum anymore) bats do have larger sweet spots, and can be much lighter than wood for a given length. It's all about bat speed and ball speed. The juveniles will love that. :whistling:

I find it hard to believe that they can: shoot a bullet at point blank range, find it right in the area that they shot it, and it is not distorted.

There is a lot of kinetic energy missing. :thumbsup_anim::dunno:

So are the vibration characteristics inside the bat not affected at all by being hollow? Sweet spot is in the same place, same size, and it doesn't change? Also, i thought aluminum bats compressed a bit. Why did those golf clubs with the hollowed out backs, weight more focused to the surface, have larger sweet spots? Or was that just a gimmick?

As for the bullet -- I don't think its stopping dead in its tracks and spinning. Likely bouncing, coming back down, and spinning in place. There are LOTS of people replicating it on youtube, so its either a really easy hoax or legit.

I call Bull!!! The bullet is not deformed at all, you could not see if the rifling marks were on the bullet, with a Glock, the bullet would have some deep rifling marks on the sides. Hitting ice would really crush that slug so I do not believe!!