Leafs on a roll!!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

What a game!!! I think the Rangers outplayed the leafs for the first minute of the game and after that, it was ALL leafs!!! I was thinking win or lose, this team has alot of potential. The only reason the game was close is because Guigere let in TWO weak goals. The second goal I have to blame Phaneuf!!!This is the only player I have a problem with!!He HAS to play the body more! No wonder he had such a horrible plus minus with the flames! Offensively he rocks so he is a diamond in the rough!

Man, after that goal the leafs were flying on all cylinders. If it wasn't for Henrik Lundqvist, the score would have been 30-3!!! Something about Sweden but they produce some awesome goaltenders!

I was telling my friend that if the leafs could kill the penalty, they will soon take the lead, and sure enough? We killed it and took the lead!

Hats off to Armstrong for walking away from that fight. Avery was trying to change the momentum of the game!

Then they called that crappy penalty on Orr. Orr wasn't himself this game. He needs to pick himself back up and start hitting.

I also called the Kessel goal! He had 5 out of 3 glorious scoring chances and capitalized on 2! I'm like Kessel will score the game winner! Kessel is the man!!!

I dont know whats going on or if Wilson is to credit, but our Power play and Penalty killing is AWESOME!!!

I dont want them to trade anyone! Well maybe we can pick up Richards! If anyone should watch his back, it is Phaneuf! He has to work on his defense. Phaneuf for Richards? NO PROBLEM!!!!

But we did play with 5 defencemen so maybe we MIGHT need another defenceman?

Stars of the Game? Bozazk, Lundqvist, Kessel and I want to see Schenn with more ice time!!!

We may keep Kaberle after all!!!

Edited by Johnny Bass

After the double slash crap.. back of knee and ankle he should be suspended for intent to injure!

I agree! The guy is a bum! Let's find a way to extend Kaberle and bring Richards to town! This team is fun to watch! I'm on the fence with Phaneuf but I think I'd rather have him than not. What about the McCarthur and Armstrong pickups? It's obvious Burke/Wilson may lack in the personality department with the press and on TV but they are on to something in Leaf Town!!! Go Leafs!!!! :clapping:

The leafs do have something going here at the start of the season. There were a few times late in the game tonight when they were showing what did them in last year....

They had some great passes while having a man advantage on Avery's penalty but no shots on net. You can't score if you don't shoot, simple as that. It gave the Rangers time to re-group, tie the game and the leafs were running around in the mean time trying to keep up. If this is a trend, you will see the leafs take the usual slide. Passing looks great but goals look better.

I certainly would not blame Toronto's goalie. The shot he stopped with his right pad saved the game for the leafs.

I am looking forward to a great Leaf team this year. It is about time. Kind of early in the season to predict how good they will be though so lets wait until the new year.

Tom.

Canadiens fan all the way good or bad.

Sean Avery is a hack and a bum..Yet extremely effective for his team..When he took that bad penalty the commentators said."why do they continue to play this guy" well now we know why

Someone will snap and shut his trap for good.it,s only a matter of time.He,s a goof ball.

Overcast,like you said ,shoot the puck. During the PP you could see the enexperince.Thier young and to be expected,but they are playing like a team.Thats the bonus part of this years team. :canadian:

This team may be playing a little over their heads but I think the major difference between this team and the last few years is, there's no train-wreck type players. You don't need a team of super stars when everyone is playing competently.

Guest Johnny Bass

Someone will snap and shut his trap for good.it,s only a matter of time.He,s a goof ball.

Overcast,like you said ,shoot the puck. During the PP you could see the enexperince.There young and to be expected,but they are playing like a team.Thats the bonus part of this years team. :canadian:

Unfortunately guys like that thrive in the NHL. There are a lot of them. And even worse...they help win stanley cups.....

I thought their power play was amazing. There was so many good scoring chances they had. They may have misplayed that 5 on 3(no traffic in front of the net to screen or pick up rebounds) but over all it has potential. In one power play they had well over 10 shots and that was in only the first minute of the powerplay.

This team is looking good and I think the Leafs will take the Islanders on Monday. The only thing is, which goalie do we go with?? Giguere looked shaky....I say we stay with Guigere and when he loses, we put in the monster, and keep him till he loses.

Anyone catch the Montreal/Ottawa game? I turn on the tube and its 3-1 Ottawa. 2 seconds later. 3-2 and a few minutes later 3-3. Montreal wins it 4-3.

Defense saved the game for Montreal. I really like Jacques Martin's coaching style.

How any fans of Darcy Tucker can call Avery a bum is beyond me. Avery has a cup ring, what does Tucker have? Oh ya, I forgot, he's still getting paycheques from the Leafs and he's retired. The Leafs are paying him $1million this year and $1 million a year for another 3yrs after that. That's a pension plan that even the teachers can't touch. If Avery was a Leaf the story would be different.

How any fans of Darcy Tucker can call Avery a bum is beyond me. Avery has a cup ring, what does Tucker have? Oh ya, I forgot, he's still getting paycheques from the Leafs and he's retired. The Leafs are paying him $1million this year and $1 million a year for another 3yrs after that. That's a pension plan that even the teachers can't touch. If Avery was a Leaf the story would be different.

That's a completely ridiculous comparison. :rolleyes:

Sure Tucker was an agitator but Avery is in a class by himself when it comes to being universally despised.

Avery, many many times has attempted to injure an opposing player.

I can't think of one similar example with Tucker.

Tucker had respect, Avery doesn't.

The ONLY comparison I can make to Avery is Ken Linsemen back in the day and even that's a stretch.

You've got to be a Sen's fan. That's the only explanation for a post like that.

Avery & Linseman. Good comparison, they both have stanley cup rings. Linseman even scored the stanley cup winning goal. You can keep Tucker and all his class, I'll take either the old rat or the new rat and their cups over him any day.

Not a Sens fan, a Bruins fan. You know, the team that the Leafs gave two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for Ke$$el. Oh, and thanks again for Rask. How is Raycroft working out for you?

Edited by jediangler

As a long time Leaf fan, this current version of the Leafs has me pretty confused... I have become so accustomed to seeing them barely scratch the surface of mediocrity, that I am just not sure how to react to this young season!!! My standard defense mechanisms have been pushed aside, however, I have been mislead far too many times in the past to allow my optimism to surface.

To those who are not Leaf fans, please allow us these fleeting moments of joy... I think we collectively have earned it!

HH

As a long time Leaf fan, this current version of the Leafs has me pretty confused... I have become so accustomed to seeing them barely scratch the surface of mediocrity, that I am just not sure how to react to this young season!!! My standard defense mechanisms have been pushed aside, however, I have been mislead far too many times in the past to allow my optimism to surface.

To those who are not Leaf fans, please allow us these fleeting moments of joy... I think we collectively have earned it!

HH

Well said Headhunter!

Guest Johnny Bass

Avery & Linseman. Good comparison, they both have stanley cup rings. Linseman even scored the stanley cup winning goal. You can keep Tucker and all his class, I'll take either the old rat or the new rat and their cups over him any day.

Not a Sens fan, a Bruins fan. You know, the team that the Leafs gave two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for Ke$$el. Oh, and thanks again for Rask. How is Raycroft working out for you?

Then you as a Bruins fan should know what cheap players are capable of.Ulf Samuelsson, the moron that ended Cam Neely's career? One of my favorite players of all time. Yes the idiot(Ulf) also scored a Stanley cup game winning goal.

Scott Stevens(also won a Stanley cup), taking out Eric Lindros. If we keep these idiots around, eventually there will be no superstars left.

Who would I rather watch play. Neely & Lindros or Samuelsson & Stevens? Easy choice.

I'll never forget the day Tie Domi lay a beating to ULF!!! Made my day!!

Edited by Johnny Bass