Fall Images

laszlo

What a great time of year. I wish it could last but I guess winter has it's charm

as well.

dsc01731a.jpg

I took my fly rod to the river to see if some carp were still around and ready to bite but they've

all moved down to deeper water.

dsc01832n.jpg

Ida...my partner in crime.

dsc01834ev.jpg

Can anyone identify these plants for me?

It's the first year that I've seen them here.

dsc01835xd.jpg

dsc01833z.jpg

Thanks for reading. Hopefully my next post has some Chromage! It's just getting started.

Laz

The large white flower is datura or Jimsonweed, not anything you would want to ingest. It has hallucinogenic compounds and can cause severe illness or death in quantity, don't mess with it.

Few kids get very sick or die every year fooling with it.

I agree with the jimson. They are very large night bloomers and honey bees can often be seen spinning around in circles as they get stoned inside these flowers.

The other plant looks like some sort of pragmite and may be an ornamental grass from someones garden. I have a facebook group called "What's That Plant North America" http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=103090426414325 . You can always post it there but I'm guessing your answer is at the closest garden center.

I agree with the jimson. They are very large night bloomers and honey bees can often be seen spinning around in circles as they get stoned inside these flowers.

The other plant looks like some sort of pragmite and may be an ornamental grass from someones garden. I have a facebook group called "What's That Plant North America" http://www.facebook....103090426414325 . You can always post it there but I'm guessing your answer is at the closest garden center.

The first plant looks like pampass grass, an invasive species that has taken over in all parts of Ontario. Replaces cattails and other aquatic species

Bill

The large white flower is datura or Jimsonweed, not anything you would want to ingest. It has hallucinogenic compounds and can cause severe illness or death in quantity, don't mess with it.

Few kids get very sick or die every year fooling with it.

OH, now you done it!! :tease:

Laz that first grainy lookin plant looks like an ornamental sedge.. An import.

Edited by Highdrifter