Leaf's in First Place in the NHL

muskymike

injuries is a problem league wide, its hardly a toronto thing

"Injuries" are sport wide... I was talking specifically to injuries to the leaf top line (practically their only source of scoring), and to their goalie, who has stood on his head. If Datsyuk goes down Detroit won't be hit as hard as a collective unit than if Versteeg does.

As for the habs fans they are what they are...Habs fans. :clapping: All i can say is thank-god for them! Otherwise we wouldnt have anybody to Verbally accost. But seriously, we face the pens tommorow night. This should be interesting to say the least. The pens actually have a skilled team and will be the real deal as far as a test goes...

If it wasn't for habs and sens fans there wouldn't be nearly as much interest in the Leafs (they must all be closet Leafs fans)

The boys looked good in Pittsburgh tonight even with they're back up goaile in net, outshot by the pens 26-14 but still won 4-3! I've been working a lot this week, and been out of the loop, but looking at the shots to goals ratio, did the Pens trade for Carey Price??

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj-vtUMdJZ8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj-vtUMdJZ8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj-vtUMdJZ8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by tb4me

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW.... goodnight Orr! :whistling:

It's hilarious how defensive these habs fans get when any discussion starts about leaf success. We had a brutal last season, the worst I've seen in my 23 years. This year however, (so far) they are playing dynamite hockey. Are we not allowed to celebrate in our teams apparent improvement? Nobody is talking cup (at least nobody that actually has played hockey and understands the game), we are talking progress.

Sounds like you guys are shackin in your booties over there in MTL. :whistling:

As for the "see you in march" comment, many teams slump after the new year when playoff crunch time begins. All it takes is one injury to giggy, or to any of either Bozak, Kessel, or Versteeg to slow the leafs down, but until then if you are proud to wear blue and white, wear it proud.

Thus far I have really enjoyed watching Schenner play with more confidence, Kaberle finally realized that his stick is capable of doing something other than passing, and Komi is destroying bodies in the corners. Kessel isn't doing the same cookie-cutter play off the top of the left circle, curling towards the net and letting go a snap shot, and Versteeg is showing why he was one of the largest contributors to the Chi town cup run. The kids got heart.

That being said I think I will actually pay attention to the marlees this season, based on their potential for major development in a few key players. The leafs big club are already looking like one of the fastest teams in the league (see how they made the sens look like a bunch of geriatrics? lol). Just wait until Kadri , Caputi, and D'Amigo start playing the PP together.

As for the habs, I respect the crap out of PK Subban. I played with this kid at Runnymede Collegiate and I know how much of a riot he can be in the dressing room. Not only that, he has made 200% improvement from a season ago. That 76 would look great in blue and white.

Extremely well said about everything that has to do with the Leafs!

I do however disagree with the PK comment.

IMO, he is one of the most arrogant players ever, and doesn't really have a reason to be that way. When I saw him chirping Crosby, I had to laugh. I'm sorry, but until you have done what Crosby has for the game, and accomplished even a few of the things he has..you need to keep your trap shut!

I don't know him on a personal level like you do, and he just might be the nicest guy around, but to me, as a former high level hockey player, he comes off extremely cocky.

My favourite part was when Colton Orr got knocked out by a guy I've never heard of :thumbsup_anim: . Got him right on the button :sleeping_02: .

That was quite the fight by the young padawan (if he was a sith he would be the master now LOL!)

he was getting dummied by Orr but managed to land a heck of a right hand!

what a momentum changer :sarcasm: the Leafs scored 2 goals after that!!

Guest Johnny Bass

What a game!!! When I heard that Wilson was starting the monster I was p-off!!! But gotta give him credit, he played great! I think he could have done better on the 3rd goal but over all, 2 thumbs up! Everyone is yapping about the Orr fight, but anyone can land a lucky punch. We will see in round two!!!Comes to show how important Orr is to this team. After he left and the bodies stopped flying, they Penguins picked up their game. Brown played an excellent game and should have been on the ice for that last minute.

I really like our team, they are fast, they are winning face-offs(very important), they played well defensively(except the 3rd period) they are playing with heart and look hungry out there(cant wait for the playoffs)!!I really liked our penalty killing with only one mistake that led to the first goal. He came in too deep and gave the point shooter too much time. The only thing is our defensmen should play the body more on those 2 on 2s. I can understand 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 but you cant just let them walk into our end like that!

Looking forward to the next game!!!!

Edited by Johnny Bass

I do however disagree with the PK comment.

IMO, he is one of the most arrogant players ever, and doesn't really have a reason to be that way. When I saw him chirping Crosby, I had to laugh. I'm sorry, but until you have done what Crosby has for the game, and accomplished even a few of the things he has..you need to keep your trap shut!

I don't know him on a personal level like you do, and he just might be the nicest guy around, but to me, as a former high level hockey player, he comes off extremely cocky.

Haha, I think you are bang on. He was drafted in the 2nd round, and while he was still playing for Belleville he was quoted in an interview as saying something very close to "I am going to bring a stanley cup to Montreal"... pure arrogance. I think that cockiness is part of his whole persona as a player. With all of the well spoken, classy rook's that have been coming up through the draft system in the past few years, it's certainly shocking to see PK mouthing off and other on ice tomfoolery.

That being said, you gotta give the guy credit. He came up to replace Markov last post season, nailed his on-ice tryout with the big club, and he earned himself a core D spot for this season. He isn't doing rediculoulus spin-o-ramma's anymore either.

Funny story about PK. I used to work in the pro shop at Canlan Ice Sports on Martin Grove. If I was working a Fri night shift, that was GTHL night, so on my breaks I would always go watch the AAA Marlies teams that would be playing. I vividly remember one game where PK was playing (I think he was minor midget back then). He started with the puck at his goal line. He skated full stream with the PK ignoring all of his teammates, tried a spinoramma at the opposing blue line, lost it, and gave up a 3-on-1 that lead to a goal. Google PK Subban and you will find scouting reports that talk about exactly this kind of scenario, haha.

Anyhoo, all this talk about a Habs player is a real buzzkill. Keep it up leafs

Can someone tell me where Ottawa is on this list?

Maybe MuskyMatt can chime in?

Optimistically I can look at it and say with one win...Ottawa leaps to 7th or 8th place....will that happen? Who knows, maybe....one thing I would be willing to bet money on is at the end of the season the Laffs will NOT be in first place and Ottawa will not be in last.

As soon as the Laffs wake up and remember that they are the Laffs, they will start to play like the Laffs and will miss the playoffs again as usual or as always...your pick.

For any Leaf fans who don't know what the playoffs are....it's what happens after regular season for good teams... :w00t:

The Sens will be fine...better than fine most likely and will see playoff action once again.

Go Sens Go!

Yes, I remember that game very well Johnny.

They should have been in the final that year and I also think they would have won the cup.

Anyone else would have received a penalty for the high stick, but Gretzky got away with it because he's "The Great One" and can do no wrong.

Apparently Doug Gilmour's chin just started bleeding on it's own (requiring stitches) after Gretzky's stick came up around his face. Hmmm !!!

When you see the replay, it's clear Gretzky should have been gone.

The Leafs may not win the cup this year, but at least the team is looking like they want to win, and so far, have been fun to watch.

Blah blah bla leafs were ripped off..blah blah blah..gretzky did us wrong...blah blah blah we shoulda won...blah blah blah ....we coulda won....blah blah blah...what a bunch of whiners....blah blah blah

And what are your excuses for the the other 44 years????????

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::dunno::dunno::dunno:

First overall in Points

First overall in Wins

Second in Goals for

10th in goals against

One of only 4 teams to remain undefeated at home and on the road

Who can complain about the first week of the season for the Leafs. They are fore checking, getting good scoring, getting good goal tending, getting production from all lines, finishing their checks. It’s been good so far.

The only concern on the table right now is some sloppy play by the defense, but the defense will gel and hopefully this will be cleaned up.

Never mind the wins. Much to my surprise, they ARE playing the best TEAM hockey I have seen from the Leafs in a long long time. And that no one can argue with. Not even those retarded Habs, fans or those inbred Ottawa Fans

Edited by jedimaster

Never mind the wins. Much to my surprise, they ARE playing the best TEAM hockey I have seen from the Leafs in a long long time. And that no one can argue with. Not even those retarded Habs, fans or those inbred Ottawa Fans

Yes, they ARE doing well.

First overall in Points

First overall in Wins

Second in Goals for

10th in goals against

One of only 4 teams to remain undefeated at home and on the road

Who can complain about the first week of the season for the Leafs. They are fore checking, getting good scoring, getting good goal tending, getting production from all lines, finishing their checks. It’s been good so far.

The only concern on the table right now is some sloppy play by the defense, but the defense will gel and hopefully this will be cleaned up.

I guess when you've had absolutely nothing but complete disappointment and rejection, owner and management that is the embarassment of the league ,coupled with no post season action for an eternity you have to be happy with the little good they give you...even if it's 3 games into the season and will mean nothing in a month from now...enjoy while you can ....suckers

:clapping::clapping::jerry::w00t:

i can't believe a fan of the sens has any room to talk schlitz about the leafs.

face it, your team chokes, has done nothing EVER and worst of all, resides 450 kms outside the center of the universe.

i can't believe a fan of the sens has any room to talk schlitz about the leafs.

face it, your team chokes, has done nothing EVER and worst of all, resides 450 kms outside the center of the universe.

Ah yes...the universe thing...point taken :worthy::clapping:

11 playoff apearances in 12 years

Stanley cup finals

numerous presidents trophys

and more.....need I say more?

:lol: