Why should we have too????

misfish

The land owner which has gave me permission to hunt on his property for the last 4 years, has had some encounters with some local ATV guys on his property.He knows thier not just cycling around,thier looking for game. Myself ,I know aswell what they are doing.So both the land owner(whos land I have the pleasure of hunting on) have purchased a dozen or more, no tresspassing signs, and I have made a few large ones on plywood.Im going to run a heavy chain from post to post on one end of the property, with one of the big signs.That cost me 25 bucks,just for the chain. :dunno: Why should I have too? Why should we have to? Is there that much ignorance out there? I should not have to ask this,as I know there is,but come on.

Now that the land will be posted fully(tomorrow) I hope it helps.

Really takes the fun out of the sport of hunting, because you have to worry about clowns like this. :asshat:

The land owner which has gave me permission to hunt on his property for the last 4 years, has had some encounters with some local ATV guys on his property.He knows thier not just cycling around,thier looking for game. Myself ,I know aswell what they are doing.So both the land owner(whos land I have the pleasure of hunting on) have purchased a dozen or more, no tresspassing signs, and I have made a few large ones on plywood.Im going to run a heavy chain from post to post on one end of the property, with one of the big signs.That cost me 25 bucks,just for the chain. :dunno: Why should I have too? Why should we have to? Is there that much ignorance out there? I should not have to ask this,as I know there is,but come on.

Really takes the fun out of the sport of hunting, because you have to worry about clowns like this. :asshat:

Unless the chain is incredibly obvious, you may want to hang a flag or paint an orange/red spot on some of the links. Don't want someone blasting through in the early morning or late at night and killing themselves.

Edited by cram

Unless the chain is incredibly obvious, you may want to hang a flag or paint an orange/red spot on some of the links. Don't want someone blasting through in the early morning or late at night and killing themselves.

Cram,there will be a large sign on the chain.

On the positive side, others that were not sure about the land before will not stop there now and have a look to hunt.

Lets hope.

Same thing for my brother just north of hamilton. Has 92 beautiful acres with a pond and mixed hardwoods. Was woken up last Saturday by shotgun fire on his property just inside the tree line only a couple hundred yards from the house. I'm heading up on Saturday to help re-post his property. I told him to report it to the local cop shop.

I'm a hunter and still can't understand the gunslinger no holds barred tresspassing attitude of some.

The real p off is that it appears Ontario Law and MNR regulations state that if the property owner doesn't post their land as no tresspassing, no hunting or both, it's to be taken as fair game. Of course this is totally wrong that nobody has to respect private property, but it is the way the MNR states land use for hunters in their regulations and on their website.

It's a real issue at my place. No posting signs and I have guys showing up from Barrie, Mississauga and Waubashene all the time... :whistling:

Edited by irishfield

I'll second that. I don't really care if some jackass cuts himself in twain, but believe it or not the landowner could be held liable whether they were there legally or not. It has happened.

i lost one of my best customers on the weekend.he just got a new ATV and was motoring in new territory. hit a steel cable across the enterance of a farmers back acre. flipped him off the machine,broke his neck and died instantly. a gate or log blocking the road would probably be just as effective and easier to see.he will be sorely missed by his familly and myself.Been doing bussiness with him for years.

I'll second that. I don't really care if some jackass cuts himself in twain, but believe it or not the landowner could be held liable whether they were there legally or not. It has happened.

That's what i meant. You can be held liable for the stupidest things.

And, Brian -- there are idiots in every walk of life, and common sense and judgement is less common than we all think.

i lost one of my best customers on the weekend.he just got a new ATV and was motoring in new territory. hit a steel cable across the enterance of a farmers back acre. flipped him off the machine,broke his neck and died instantly. a gate or log blocking the road would probably be just as effective and easier to see.he will be sorely missed by his familly and myself.Been doing bussiness with him for years.

Thats too bad merc......, man, i couldnt even imagine.

Thats too bad merc......, man, i couldnt even imagine.

THANKS BUD.

like the song says,we live our lives are like a candle in the wind.

His wife wants to keep the bussness going so im lending her a couple of my employees to help out for a month or so.

It's a real issue at my place. No posting signs and I have guys showing up from Barrie, Mississauga and Waubashene all the time...

Those dang riff raffs eh.What are ya going to do? :devil:

lost one of my best customers on the weekend.he just got a new ATV and was motoring in new territory. hit a steel cable across the enterance of a farmers back acre. flipped him off the machine,broke his neck and died instantly. a gate or log blocking the road would probably be just as effective and easier to see.he will be sorely missed by his familly and myself.Been doing bussiness with him for years

Did my part to help prevent this.

Thanks again guys for the tip.

Sorry Dude But Myself I Ended Up In Peoples Backyard Because I Was Totally LOST.

But The Dude On The ATV Most Likely What You Said. Looking For Game But Then Again They Could Have Been Lost.... Dont Know Wasnt There.

But At Least You Got The Privillage To Go On His Property. Most Of The Time They Just Said Forget It To Everyone.

I hate to sound like I have no heart... but whats he doing flying around on (#1) property that's not his, and (#2) unfamiliar territory...

The farmer could of put up barbed wire if he wanted....

No compassion is felt for the people who ignore small craft advisories on lake ontario and lake erie then take out their 14 footers...

Just my two cents.

But The Dude On The ATV Most Likely What You Said. Looking For Game But Then Again They Could Have Been Lost.... Dont Know Wasnt There.

Correct,you werent there.Trust me when I say,they were tracking game.The land owners family has owned the property for over 100 years.They know what goes on. Many think cause thier grandfathers had permission 50 years ago,they have the right aswell. No written note,no tresspassing.

I hate to sound like I have no heart... but whats he doing flying around on (#1) property that's not his, and (#2) unfamiliar territory...

The farmer could of put up barbed wire if he wanted....

No compassion is felt for the people who ignore small craft advisories on lake ontario and lake erie then take out their 14 footers...

Just my two cents.

SIGH.... I DEBATED POSTING A THANK YOU BLAQUE, ALMOST DIDNT. i knew some smart ass yahoo would probably feel obliged to add thier 2cents, and i was right.

Fact is, new machine, first time outing, a right turn instead of a left turn, unfamiliar territory, ACCIDENT. a fatality that could have bee avoided if the farmer had thought to put up a board like BrianB did today. How this relates to some redneck putting a 14ft boat out in wind warning weather, i just dont know.

He was on a marked ATV trail and enthusiastic with his new quad. His 28 yr old son was in the lead, and Pierre was following, the son pulled right at a fork in the trail instead of left, because the wind and rain had knocked down the trail markers. The son was knocked side ways and survived with a broken collar bone, Pierre being a taller man took the cable in the throat. Didnt remove his head, but flipped him off backwards severing his spine and causing instant death. Now that you have all the details, i really hope you regret the heartless comment, and have learned to keep your silly little trap shut.I've beed reading your posts in past threads and you seem to enjoy putting in your 2CENTS, well in this case Keep em, you need them more than i do.

peace

Paul

SIGH.... I DEBATED POSTING A THANK YOU BLAQUE, ALMOST DIDNT. i knew some smart ass yahoo would probably feel obliged to add thier 2cents, and i was right.

Fact is, new machine, first time outing, a right turn instead of a left turn, unfamiliar territory, ACCIDENT. a fatality that could have bee avoided if the farmer had thought to put up a board like BrianB did today. How this relates to some redneck putting a 14ft boat out in wind warning weather, i just dont know.

He was on a marked ATV trail and enthusiastic with his new quad. His 28 yr old son was in the lead, and Pierre was following, the son pulled right at a fork in the trail instead of left, because the wind and rain had knocked down the trail markers. The son was knocked side ways and survived with a broken collar bone, Pierre being a taller man took the cable in the throat. Didnt remove his head, but flipped him off backwards severing his spine and causing instant death. Now that you have all the details, i really hope you regret the heartless comment, and have learned to keep your silly little trap shut.I've beed reading your posts in past threads and you seem to enjoy putting in your 2CENTS, well in this case Keep em, you need them more than i do.

peace

Paul

in defensive driving the instructor talked about how so called "accidents" can be avoided the majority of the time and its always human error.

in this situation your buddy (RIP, condolences to family and friends) made a bad judgment call and was driving too fast as the machine was new to him and they were on new trails. unfortunately, even the smartest critters on earth arent perfect and make mistakes.

the farmer is not the one to blame.

again, sorry for the loss.

Edited by ch312

in defensive driving the instructor talked about how so called "accidents" can be avoided the majority of the time and its always human error.

in this situation your buddy (RIP, condolences to family and friends) made a bad judgment call and was driving too fast as the machine was new to him and they were on new trails. unfortunately, even the smartest critters on earth arent perfect and make mistakes.

the farmer is not the one to blame.

again, sorry for the loss.

i appreciate that. and agree with you 100%. i only took offense to the comparison used by the other member.It was human error not a blatant disregard for others property nor his own life.a moment of blissful distraction followed by a fatal mistake

thanks again

paul

peace

Paul

Paul, very well put and I'm sure TC10Z is feeling like an :asshat: for posting what he did. Sorry about your loss and I hope others learn from it. Ice season is coming and the same thing cam happen on a sled in a second (sad but it will happen too) so I hope people can learn from this. Again, sorry.

Geoff

i appreciate that. and agree with you 100%. i only took offense to the comparison used by the other member.It was human error not a blatant disregard for others property nor his own life.a moment of blissful distraction followed by a fatal mistake

thanks again

paul

It happens, but you can't get mad at someone for using a wire.... its not his fault either.

It happens, but you can't get mad at someone for using a wire.... its not his fault either.

where do you see the word mad in any of my posts.i think you better drop it bud.the only person starting to get under my normally passive skin is you.i love the way you just pop in and drop some tinder into these posts then sit back a read the mayhem.learn to read the posts word for word instead gleeming over it and piecing the story together. god forbid something as tragic happens to you or someone close to you caused by something stupid or irresponsible you have done., and i'd bett a weeks wage that at some point in your life you've been quite a work of art yourself.

Actually, the farmers liability insurance in this case may have to dish out compensation to the familly.Since the atv trac was adjacent to the field and had no flag or warnings posted.According to the families lawyer they are almost garanteed a rapid settlement.not enough to replace a loved one though.

now start acting your age,not your shoe size

peace

paul