Hit the Kawarthas today

Joey

Paul and I had the pleasure of fishing with Fisherpete today on one of Kawartha lakes he frequents, so he was our guide for the day, but in our boat :thumbsup_anim:

He arrived at our place around 7:30 a.m. and we hit Timmies on the way of course.

There was a bit of a nip in the air, but we dressed for it and it wasn't too bad, a tad windy tho.

We pounded for musky all day, cleaning off some nice looking weeds along the way.

The boys were enjoying themselves and we had alot of laughs and good discussions. I brought the camera of course, and shot some half decent pictures.

5049242587_0bffd6e80f_b.jpg

5049861592_86d90430c8_b.jpg

5049249995_b7cffba54b_b.jpg

5049869508_e6d4d707bb_b.jpg

5049248465_16e954887c_b.jpg

The fall colours were just starting, but not as much as I thought they would have already.

5049868988_443e00a166_b.jpg

I thought this cloud looked like a Canada Goose!!!

5049872372_7aced5bb17_b.jpg

Okay, on to the fish. We didn't manage any musky :( Our target species, but they guys got a couple fish to keep them occupied.

5049873818_67698ce752_b.jpg

5049253925_28e92e2867_b.jpg

5049878394_c07cc066b8_b.jpg

See, what a good deckhand Pete is, clearing Paul's weed clump :lol::lol:

5049258475_a95162975a_b.jpg

5049881908_310d73b213_b.jpg

5049881064_360c4b2104_b.jpg

We fished till sundown, then drove home exhausted, sun and wind burned. But it was worth it as we had a great day on the water :clapping:

5049255223_056047204d_b.jpg

Thanks for the great day on the water Pete, you are welcome in our boat any time. I appreciated your help with Paul at the launch and in the boat too!!

Cheers,

Joey

Great report, really like the photo work! Also curious about the Pike, what lake were you fishing that had the pike in it?

Well since Pete took us and enjoys his spots, I will leave the decision to him whether he wishes to divulge which lake it was.

But no, we did not keep the pike. Never even thought about it to tell you the truth. We were musky fishing and kept pretty focused on that and the other incidentals were a quick pic and back in.

Joey

Maybe it was asked in another thread, but, what camera are you shooting with? Those are some great quality shots! Good to see you got into some fish at the very least!

Jigger, it is a Canon EOS Rebel T2i, and thanks for the compliments. I'm still learning how to use it.

Terry, I would have said he was a jinx, but Pete got skunked the time before too, so maybe he's lost it and it rubbed off on our outting :lol:

Joey & Paul... thanks again for a great day on the water. You guys are tons of fun to fish with, and man-o-man, that Lund is one sweet ride. MTBF and others who are wondering - as far as I know there are only Pike in one Kawartha lake so far, Balsam, and that is where we tried today. I got skunked for skis on Thursday too on another Kawartha lake, not even a sniff that day! At least I did raise one musky today, Paul saw it too, but only a low to mid 30's fish and not very aggressive at all. Joey and Paul are just as hardcore as I am - we spent the entire day casting, not trolling... and I'm sure that we each made the required 10,000 casts to deserve a musky!!! How's the arms today, J&P? I could almost pick up a pen today LOL...

Several factors probably played into us not getting any skis today... being Sunday, the lake had probably seen a lot of pressure already on Saturday, and all those boats pounding the lake on Sunday morning from the bass tourney didn't help either. I'm also not really sure what stage the lake is in yet regarding turnover, water temps were 54-55F, and the weeds have already died way back in many of my productive summer areas. Oh well, it was still a great day. I would gladly join you guys again, say the word!

Yes, I have to say my body took a good beating yesterday, with surfing the waves and all that casting. Usually we pound that hard when we're on vacation, but I had to work today :blink:

I think the most painful part is the blisters on my hands. Well worth it tho and we will definately do it again soon, while the supposed "feedbags" are on :thumbsup_anim:

I've got your number now Pete so we'll get out in the next few weeks!! We both really enjoyed your company :good:

Joey