Black Beno?

my dad and his friend used to always catch fish using black beno's. I heard they were discontinued years ago but I don't know if that's true or not. Has anybody seen any in stores? His friend lost his last one last summer.

First musky I ever caught 30 odd years ago came on a green Beno eel while casting for pickeral and she hit the 1st cast of the evening. I've still got that lure but haven't used it since that day.

I'm pretty sure I've seen them in stores recentely, infact I think CTC carries them, but I could definetely be wrong.

I haven't used one in years, but they used to be an excellent bait for both trolling and casting.

Lew same here, haven`t used one in years, they used to be near as popular as Flatfish here. Used them and Flatfish in Ontario also. Never got a ski on one that I know of(read lost fish) but pike walleye bass and panfish. I probably still got a couple in the barn.

First musky I ever caught 30 odd years ago came on a green Beno eel while casting for pickeral and she hit the 1st cast of the evening.

As a wee lad in Oshawa luckily the creek was 100 yds. from my house,

the first steelhead i ever caught was caught on an orange jointed beno from the Oshawa Creek in 1977.

That's 30 yrs. ago, musta been a versatile lure!

This thread makes me feel kinda old. :canadian:

cheers,

ehg

Flatfish were a standby on Lake Erie in the 40`s and 50`s, dad had a ton of them. We used them in Canada a lot also in the late 50`s and 60`s. U-20s and I think M-50s? larger sizes. They worked caught bass, walleye and pike on them. Black and orange, yellow with dots, chrome, just got away from them to larger lures or more a bass style lure.

Stopped in a place today and they had Beno's, a good selection of colors and of course Black. Do not know where you are from but if you up Bridgenorth way check out Bridgenorth Sports & Marine (www.bridgenorthsportsandmarine.com).

Just remembered reading the thread, I have nothing to do with this business and by no means is the SPAM...