Daryl Chronzy's batter

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Well, I finally tried it(breaded not battered) and its not bad. I do prefer the Roasted garlic and butter from Fish Crisp, but it was ok.

Gonna tryit battered next.

I saw the strangest thing on Saturday morning. A fishing show that said "this show is not suitable for children".... I wonder if they hunted in the show also???

I also noticed on the Shimano(I also noticed it on the quantum reels) reels it states, " This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects and other reproductive harm." Are they kidding me? They cant find a substitute chemical?

My thumb is almost healed and I should be out there fishing in two weeks!!! Man all these reports have been driving me crazy. I was so bored I even applied at BPS, but I dont think they wanted to hire a guy in a cast.lol

Edited by Johnny Bass

I like the Chronz's fish batter as well. The substance in question is lead. I guess watching hunting and fishing is worse than watching MMA or COPS or some crappy show which a bunch of back stabbing social climbers vote each other of the island or out of the apartment or whatever. LOL.

Healed thumb just in time for the best fishing time of the year. Excellent.

I like the Chronz's fish batter as well. Turned my kids into fish eaters from fish for supper non eaters - I give it 2 thumbsup_anim.gif .

I guess watching hunting and fishing is worse than watching MMA or COPS or some crappy show which a bunch of back stabbing social climbers vote each other of the island or out of the apartment or whatever. rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

Healed thumb just in time for the best fishing time of the year. Excellent.Gonefishing.gif go get 'em

I also noticed on the Shimano(I also noticed it on the quantum reels) reels it states, " This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects and other reproductive harm." Are they kidding me? They cant find a substitute chemical?

California has a tendency to put that warning on about every product known to man. If Chronzy's batter was sold in California, it would probably have the same warning.

the california lead label has been on shimano reels for years now. almost all my shimano boxes have this.

the earliest reel that I have the box for with the label was a stradic 1000FG purchased in 2001.

that means its been going on for at least 9 years now.

some of my boxes actually have in printed right on the box rather than a sticker. some have a sticker though.

Edited by 12 Volt Man

When I was working at BPS, we'd have so many people call and ask about the lead warning it was ridiculous. I still crimp lead split shot in my teeth, I think having a bit in the reel should be fine lol

I'll admit I still use my teeth when setting up steelhead leads. A buddy of mine puts a handful of shot in his mouth when he does it, then again he smokes about 3 packs a day. He's still alive, just doesn't look like it. :)

Edited by Harrison

My fav boxed coating is still the original "Fish Crisp"...for the perch, crappie & bluegills I keep.

Shore lunch is good too. There Cajun is really good on Pork Chops, which I found out by accident. I didn't like it on fish so I tried it on Pork Chops to use it up. It didn't last long after that :thumbsup_anim:

Don't even get me started on the "not suitable for children" warnings on fishing/hunting shows. What a crock!! Its fine for them to watch all kinds of graphic killings on TV and video games, but they need to be warned about traditional hunting. Pisses me off to no end. Even my 8 year old son asks me what the warning is for :wallbash::wallbash:

I find the chronzy batter a little salty too, but I still like it best. We add a little flour/cornmeal to it to offset the salt. Seems to work a little better.

S.

Guest Johnny Bass

It shouldn't taste as salty when battered up, but I will see.

Since I am ranting about fishing related stuff? I have one more. I saw a 1997,16 foot legend for sale with a 2003 25 H.p 4 stroke merc, with an underpowered trolling motor. Still at $4999 a steal.

Didn't buy it because I want something at least 40-90 H.P 4 stroke.

Later I see the exact same boat,same pictures for sale for $7999. And the guy claiming must sell because he is dying.lol I felt like calling and telling the guy off but what can you do. :rolleyes:

Met Cronzy awhile back & talked about his batter and complained that the batter seems to sell reasonably

well (especially at Canadian Tire) but does not see much money & it may go to his two investors first & then

him (his investment is basically his name on the product) but did give a couple of free packs to me & my brother

after our talk........

Just had some of my catch with chronzy's breading tonight, tasty.

What's the best way to cook butterflied, scaled perch? I did a couple of them, practicing my knife work but don't really know the best way to cook them. Would you just flour them and cook them in butter & garlic? Or maybe even on the grill? thoughts?

perchbutterfly.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

Just had some of my catch with chronzy's breading tonight, tasty.

What's the best way to cook butterflied, scaled perch? I did a couple of them, practicing my knife work but don't really know the best way to cook them. Would you just flour them and cook them in butter & garlic? Or maybe even on the grill? thoughts?

Roasted garlic and butter, fish crisp. Just dip them in the mix. Cook on low heat, make them nice and crispy and enjoy!

Edited by Johnny Bass