It's that time of year again....

AzuluSpookd

Get all the hunters out here and tell us what you're doin' this year? Anything different, same ol' stuff, new places? Same places?

I've been out a few times goose huntin' and got a few birds....couple of buddies went out, 3 of them and had 28 birds down on opener :w00t:

Gettin' ready for my annual moose hunt...leaving two weeks later than last year, as we were huntin' in 25 degree weather last year....looks like we could have went on opener this year as the weather seems to be cooperating....

Got a brand new property to hunt for deer this year....lookin' at gettin' my fourth...

What's everyone else doin'?

I'll be heading out for goose this weekend for my first hunt of the year. Just got a new 870, and am pumped to break it in!

I've never been bear hunting before, but have a new property lined up that has a few bears kickin around. Hopefully I'll drop my first bear this year.

I've been hunting deer with a crossbow the last 3 years. But this year I'm going see about using my recurve. I've been practicing as much as I can, but still am only confident inside 20 yards :wallbash:

Shapin up to be a great season. Really looking forward to it!

Im headed out tomorrow night for a week of moose hunting...rifle opens where we are going...2 bull tags and 1 cow tag this year...hunting completely out of a boat, trolling for eyes while we hunt...gonna be a great week

grouse opened yesterday -- headed north tomorrow for that and some northern pickeral fishing and maybe some pike if the birds are slow -

October first is also a big day - had a great season last year looking to keep the whitetails rolling

What area you goin' to? We hunt on a river as well, it opens saturday, but we're opting to go two weeks later this year.

I

Im headed out tomorrow night for a week of moose hunting...rifle opens where we are going...2 bull tags and 1 cow tag this year...hunting completely out of a boat, trolling for eyes while we hunt...gonna be a great week

Edited by AzuluSpookd

This is the coolest thing I've heard in a while. Is this what they call Funting?

Although it may sound cool, I'm sure what he means is he will either be in a canoe or boat with only paddles while

hunting...and no motor attached...because we don't want to promote illegal activities here.. :whistling:;);)

If it's where I think you're going (17)...better watch out....CO's are there..and hiding...charged a group last year, who shot from their boat...even though they weren't movin'...motor still attached...big fine!

"It is illegal to have a loaded firearm in or on, or discharge

a firearm from, an aircraft, vehicle (including snowmobile

and all-terrain vehicle) or motorboat or anything towed by

the boat.A loaded firearm may be carried in, and discharged from, a

canoe or boat that is being paddled, with no motor attached.

MOTORBOATS: Under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation

Act, 1997, a motorboat means a boat with a motor that is

attached to the boat

MOTORBOAT:

A boat with a motor that is attached to the boat and that is capable of

being used as a means of propulsion, and includes any floating object

being towed by a motorboat.

Although it may sound cool, I'm sure what he means is he will either be in a canoe or boat with only paddles while

hunting...and no motor attached...because we don't want to promote illegal activities here.. :whistling:;);)

If it's where I think you're going (17)...better watch out....CO's are there..and hiding...charged a group last year, who shot from their boat...even though they weren't movin'...motor still attached...big fine!

attached to the boat

MOTORBOAT:

How does this work for duck hunting? My self, and thousands others, shoot from duck boats with motors attached. From what I understad, as long as the boat is not in motion, with the motor turned off, you can shot from it (when watefowel hunting). Is there different regs for moose hunting? I've never been moose hunting before, so I've never looked into it.

Edited by F-is-H

hunting...and no motor attached...because we don't want to promote illegal activities here.. whistling.gifwink.gifwink.gif

attached to the boat

MOTORBOAT:

Correct me if im wrong!You are right but from what I remember, the fuel tank/line has to be disconected from the motor while hunting!Before and aft/its ok!I dont hunt out of a boat and its been a while!I enjoy a walk threw the forest on a cool morning in the fall to early winter!

There's a special exception for waterfowl hunting...only.

How does this work for duck hunting? My self, and thousands others, shoot from duck boats with motors attached. From what I understad, as long as the boat is not in motion, with the motor turned off, you can shot from it (when watefowel hunting). Is there different regs for moose hunting? I've never been moose hunting before, so I've never looked into it.

If there's a motor, whether it be electric or gas....you're done. Can't hunt from it for moose or other except waterfowl. Gas disconnect means nothing.

Correct me if im wrong!You are right but from what I remember, the fuel tank/line has to be disconected from the motor while hunting!Before and aft/its ok!I dont hunt out of a boat and its been a while!I enjoy a walk threw the forest on a cool morning in the fall to early winter!

You can hunt from a boat, you just can't shoot from one.

The waterfowl regs are found in the migratory bird act. You can shoot from a boat, as long as forward momentum has stopped. The priciple of that law is that you can't chase birds and shoot them.

I'll be out whackin ducks as soon as season opens. We already have enough geese for now, the early season is just way too easy. :)

S.