speed fishing !!!

mercman

clapping.gif

in my brothers case, he is living a dream. something he wanted since he's a kid, now at 50, he's a kid all over again.

the way i see it, he and his wife make good money. kids are all grown up, fishing is his only vice. and he gets to live a dream. who could ask for more !

:clapping::clapping:

Sure is a blast.I got to live mine aswell.

Great report. TFS

the first and only time I have been on a bass boat was on Lake Tarpon near Tampa Florida.

with a 150 HP motor on the back the guide accelerated up to 60 mph. it was insane.

a memory. peels your eyelids back going that fast.

and now, they are putting 200's and 250's on the back of the same size boats. this was back in the early 90's when few had bigger than 150 HP motors on them..

the first and only time I have been on a bass boat was on Lake Tarpon near Tampa Florida.

with a 150 HP motor on the back the guide accelerated up to 60 mph. it was insane.

and now, they are putting 200's and 250's on the back of the same size boats. this was back in the early 90's when few had bigger than 150 HP motors on them..

i hear ya. he has a 175 2 stroke, but i've seen them with 250 and up. Impressive as heck, but imho, its the old 'my dingy is bigger than your dingy blush.gif

like he said, he's never caught a fish at 60 mph.

I guess Bass boat owners are like Harley owners...They both are under the impression everyone wishes they had one too! I could afford either but would rather have neither!

Now what would make you make such an assinin statement as this? A boat as well as a motorcycle all have different characteristics and you drive/use the correct tool for the job. My bass boat will not go in the same water that my Jetdrive outboard does. My bass boat will not weather 3 and 4 ft seas like my Marinette will. I have 3 different boats for 3 types of boating/fishing that I do. Why does this make me an elitist/ someone who looks down on other? Same with the Motorcycles I have 3 also one for speed one for looks and one for cruising and yes one is a Harley and the others are Yamahas. You have managed to offend with your stereotyping not only bass boat owner but Harley owners all in one short statement. Hopefully in the future you will chose not to make broad sweeps with the stereotyping brush it makes you seem other than what I know you are (a good person).

Art

I guess Bass boat owners are like Harley owners...They both are under the impression everyone wishes they had one too! I could afford either but would rather have neither!

Well i can afford neither but would have either or both.

Back then the rules stated a max of 150HP. for the pro bass tournies. There were quite a few motors made that had 150 decals on them but were conservatively rated. It seemed that some prescribed to the NASCAR motto " if your not cheatin' you ain't tryin'"

Guess rather than deal with the infractions they just eliminated the restriction. :whistling:

I've had a bassboat since 1995. Thats when I sold my 17 foot Princecraft and bought my first bassboat. As far as I'm concerned there is no better platform to fish off of then a bassboat. Lots of storage and rod lockers. In the wind they are way better than any aluminum because of the lower profile while sitting on the water. They can float in really skinny water, and you can go like snot when you feel like it. Did I mention I also like performance and speed. We tend to get a bad rap as bassboat owners because of a few yahoos, but there few and far between.

I've had a bassboat since 1995. Thats when I sold my 17 foot Princecraft and bought my first bassboat. As far as I'm concerned there is no better platform to fish off of then a bassboat. Lots of storage and rod lockers. In the wind they are way better than any aluminum because of the lower profile while sitting on the water. They can float in really skinny water, and you can go like snot when you feel like it. Did I mention I also like performance and speed. We tend to get a bad rap as bassboat owners because of a few yahoos, but there few and far between.

it all comes down to being responsible and using common sense.99% of all the fishers in bass boats i've come accross are modest, highly responsible people who appreciate thier rides and avoid people like me in smaller boats. However, the 1% who pass you in warp drive, 50 feet away, should be forced to fish in a paddle boat for a yearwhistling.gif

Alright, let me justify my comments. Not all Bass boat owners are bad people. BUT, if I had a nickel for ever time some bass boat driving passed me within 200 feet at 50-65 mph while I was fishing in my boat I'd have about $4.75

I like all mororcycles. I believe many Harley riders have one purely for the fashion statement. I recently worked with one who seemed to think everyone held him in high regard and were envious because we ALL wanted a HD too!

Art. Are we ok?

Speed on the water is a blast. A few years back my cousin had access to a boat they used in shows (some tricked out 2.5L Merc on a Checkmate) that got us up to a ridiculous 87 mph. He got the thing over 90 on a flat day...

Edited by fishboy

Guest natron

all i could think of was Will Smith in Independance day when he got to fly the saucer. I got to get me one of these !!!

had a blast, but i'd be happy with a princecraft pro series and a 70hp...maybe next yearwhistling.gif

haha, sounds like my rig

Alright, let me justify my comments. Not all Bass boat owners are bad people. BUT, if I had a nickel for ever time some bass boat driving passed me within 200 feet at 50-65 mph while I was fishing in my boat I'd have about $4.75

I like all mororcycles. I believe many Harley riders have one purely for the fashion statement. I recently worked with one who seemed to think everyone held him in high regard and were envious because we ALL wanted a HD too!

Art. Are we ok?

We were never not O.K. bud it will take more than that to chase me away. I did understand where you were coming from I just hate the word ALL it is so inclusive. :)

Art