where can i buy pepper spray??

bow slayer

Definitely get the bear version. The dog sized won't have any affect other than to make you taste a bit more spicy. Bear repellant also has a foaming agent which sticks to the bears yap. Best repellant is a 30.06

I have the dog sized canister for the coyotes, but I don't even think they are big enough for them.

LOL...was just looking at the bear spray can offered at Canadian Tire. Good for 8 seconds spray time at approximately 25'. Interestingly, there don't seem to be any product reviews...that may be a bad thing...nobody that had to use it made it back to write a review :whistling:

Agree that best deterrent is a 30.06, but have to get PAL license, etc etc.

ive seen bear repellent sold in just about every gun shop ive been in. google a product called 'thundercloud' - a fire extinguisher sized jet of maximum strength capsicum out of a standard aeresol can. no idea where to get it unfortunately.

you could also consider hanging out with some guys that dont run as fast as you can ;)

Funny I should just see this thread now. I just finished spending 2 hours getting bathed in fresh capsin. Darned skin is on fire. I'm sure I could boil up a quart or two of some liquid pain.

The only known cure being copious amounts of beer.

I have some Bear Spray that you could take if you can pick it up in Cambridge.

thanks for the offer Dan,but last night he picked some up in Sudbury ,a couple cans one to carry and another to keep in the atv,plus he said he will start taking his 410 with him back in the bush.

thanks for the offer Dan,but last night he picked some up in Sudbury ,a couple cans one to carry and another to keep in the atv,plus he said he will start taking his 410 with him back in the bush.

Will a 410 even break the skin on a bear?