Good Old Fashinoned Trust . . . Cheers to OFN'er FisherPete

Hey Folks!

I just wanted to send a kudos out to OFC'er FisherPete and give credit where credit is due!

On late Monday evening I sent payment for some of his classified lots via email interact (which I had never done before). I sent the money on his word and he delivered - FAST. He promptly provided me with tracking information on Tuesday morning, and the package was here at my house when I got home for lunch - packed safely. Amazing!

It's nice to know that there's still good folks out there and that many of them are on these boards.

Thanks Again Pete. Look forward to dealing with you again . . . and the offer still stands, if you're in the KW area, I'll put you on some fish!

:clapping:

Ryan

yeah I found it hard to believe, in the beginning that I could trust a bunch of guys on the internet but the people on this site are great

well 99%, I do know of someone here who booked a room for some guys and they never showed up

and a guy who didn't come through on a promise on a charity auction item this site held

but by and large what a great group of people who came together with fishing being the common denominator.............

yeah I found it hard to believe, in the beginning that I could trust a bunch of guys on the internet but the people on this site are great

well 99%, I do know of someone here who booked a room for some guys and they never showed up

and a guy who didn't come through on a promise on a charity auction item this site held

but by and large what a great group of people who came together with fishing being the common denominator.............

I was just saying the same thing to the "little woman" last night. I've met some great guys, saved money on a bunch of products, gone out on a couple of great fishing charters, shared alot of great fishing experiences, learned how to use Photobucket, LOL...etc....etc. All because of this board!

Glad you had a good experience, Ryan. A lot of the people here know a lot of other people in this community and it really wouldn't be a good idea to give one of us a bad deal...knowingly I mean. By and large, folks here are very trustworthy.

It comes back to something else though. I get tons of emails asking " Why can't I post to the classifieds section?" That's the reason. We don't want people coming here to spam us or to try to sell us something when we don't know who they are. So far it seems to be working quite well.

Again, glad you were happy with your transaction.

Glad you had a good experience, Ryan. A lot of the people here know a lot of other people in this community and it really wouldn't be a good idea to give one of us a bad deal...knowingly I mean. By and large, folks here are very trustworthy.

It comes back to something else though. I get tons of emails asking " Why can't I post to the classifieds section?" That's the reason. We don't want people coming here to spam us or to try to sell us something when we don't know who they are. So far it seems to be working quite well.

Again, glad you were happy with your transaction.

Thanks Roy,

I've had the pleasure of meeting a few members and also having in-depth conversations with others, as well as this classified transaction. There have been others that have fallen through, but those were amicable and everyone has always been pleasant to deal with. It's good to see that such a good community has been developed and that people on these boards are generally a pleasure to deal with. A lot of the credit has to land on your shoulders and the other moderators for keeping tabs on things.

Y'all shouldn't be surprised. There are lots of examples out there. They go by various handles like group dynamic, strength in numbers, team spirit, esprit de corps, brothers in arms, kindred spirits, brothers, etc. Essentially it's the result of a group of disparate individuals with a common interest brought together by some fortuitous fate. In this case OFC. :thumbsup_anim:

We came together by good fortune merely because we shared an interest in fishing. But once we came together we quickly gelled into a cohesive unit sharing trust and a bunch of other things. It's actually pretty cool. In the real world do we immediately (almost) accept and trust folks we've never even met face to face. Yet it happens. We've all seen it.

Like I said, it's pretty damned cool. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Just accept it for what it is and be careful not to expect the same kind of trust and good faith from every stranger you meet. They may not all be under this same magic.

JF

I am not at all surprised to hear this.Unlike many places in cyberspace there is accountability here.Many members know each other in real life and as Roy said it not a good idea to screw one of "us" over.

Joe

i recently met up with pete to get a few things out of his tackle purge. he's an awesome guy, even met up not far from home cause he was in the area.

the people on this site are just great. never have i come across a bunch of stand up individuals on the internet or anywhere for that matter.. :thumbsup_anim:

Awwww shucks... you fellers made me blush. Seriously though, this site has some truly great people, from Wayne (Irishfield) who offered to help me fix my boat rivets, to Skeeter who offered me some suckers for channel cat fishing (we ended up both going and having a great day on the water), to Lew who has me given sound advice on muskie gear... to Clive (Mepps) who hooked me up with a bunch of his fantastic pike/musky inline spinners and fluorocarbon leaders, and then showed me how to fish Pike at the Toronto Islands... Vince (vinnimon) who gave my brother a huge laker and some brewskies for dropping off a batch of lures to him... just to name a few! OFC rocks! :clapping:

Guest gbfisher

Ya...I lost out because of that scumbag. I would have been on that trip and caught numerous amounts of toothy fish....dam!!!...The excuses he gave to the mods kept changing...cheque is in the mail....wife forgot....granny died.... :rolleyes:

How bout.....Yer just a scumbag for reneging on a charity and screwing someone else for a great trip.

Sure left a bad taste in my mouth. Im glad to hear you had things go well for you.

Edited by gbfisher

OFC to me is like another home, you have "family" come into the conversations and go away for a bit but come back. Some tell you you are right, others tell you you are wrong but in the end we are all here for the same reason, fishing and new friends. I have met a few OFC'ers over the time I have been here (not that long either) and fished with a few too! Every conversation is the same, we all talk like we have been frineds for years and about our love of fishing. I have sold and purchased item off this site and I will keep on doing so as there is a trust between us all as we all do have a common goal of fishing and friendship. So with that I say this, it's been nice to meet you all.

Well, maybe not Terry, he can stay where he is... :sarcasm:

Like I always say Terry...

I've never met an OFNer I didn't like...

Mind you...there are some I'm not in a hurry to meet...whistling.gif