Fished for first time in months

ehg

Haven't fished since May 1st when i caught small pike at Dalrymple. Can't fish alone because of chronic disability (MS), so have to wait for my helpful buddy to have free time.

Finally was able to go yesterday and tried new lake to us.

It was okay and we caught some fish, it was nice to get out of city, relax and throw spinnerbaits and topwaters.

Caught some smallies this way all between 1-2 lbs.

Most were about this size.

IMG_0008-9.jpg

First fish of the day was this walleye caught on similar spinnerbait in 2 ft. of water.

A real unexpected catch.

IMG_0001-12.jpg

Nice to get out fishing and try new lake, didn't even wreck prop on this hyped lake. :mellow:

Cool surprise to catch an eye on a spinnerbait B):thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like you had a great time out on the new lake :good:

Yes it's nice to get out of the city.... got out for a few hours late afternoon yesterday also and got a couple of pan size specks.... went 2 for 25.... had steady action from the very start B)

Thanks for sharing Eric!!!

Leechman

Guest Johnny Bass

Well? Did you slay them?lol That pickerel looks like it is exactly where I said they would be. Pickerel on spinnerbaits is quite common for the Kawartha's.

Cool surprise to catch an eye on a spinnerbait B):thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like you had a great time out on the new lake

Thanks for sharing Eric!!!

Leechman

Thanks Jacques, we were expecting better results but just happy to be fishing.

Well? Did you slay them?lol That pickerel looks like it is exactly where I said they would be. Pickerel on spinnerbaits is quite common for the Kawartha's.

Ya, have caught walleye before on spinnerbaits but this one was under dock right by the shoreline.

I think you know this lake, lol. Fishing shut down after lunch hour and picked up a little later.

Certainly didn't slay them but first time there. Weird little lake! In afternoon tried microtube/float setup

for panfish and caught none. Is their panfish here?

Good to see you got out finally Eric!

That is one of spinnerbaits i got from you, and rod/reel combo. Cheers, Dax

Thanks for replies!

Guest Johnny Bass

Ya, have caught walleye before on spinnerbaits but this one was under dock right by the shoreline.

I think you know this lake, lol. Fishing shut down after lunch hour and picked up a little later.

Certainly didn't slay them but first time there. Weird little lake! In afternoon tried microtube/float setup

for panfish and caught none. Is their panfish here?

You know what? I wondered the same thing for a while. The only place I have seen baitfish(a perch), is next to the river in the north east corner or in the river itself. Strange hey?

Something is better than nothing. Try going back in the fall or spring.

The lake looks good, i was thinking of going back in the fall. Had a CO stop by us to check licenses etc...he said muskies really are on in fall and are pretty big. CO pulled 3 other boats off of lake for whatever reason.

Used your tips on area, thanks will do even better next time.