Mid Weed Wrap-up (TANKS!) *PICS*

Tuesday afternoon I went on a little fishin' adventure. Sat for 2 hours for the outline and now I've got about 6 hours of colour ahead of me. 3 more weeks and I'll start the shading/detail and some colour. This is after 2 hours so excuse the vaseline shine lol.

tat.jpg

Today I had two groups booked for Simcoe again after a great week last week. Met my first group at 8:00am and fished for some largies. Wasnt much going on in the deep stuff so we moved up shallow throwing soft stickbaits and topwaters. Both baits landed their share of fish in the 1-2 pound range. 1 good 3.5 pounder for the morning off a water line jug. Done by noon with about a dozen fish between them, only 1 good one though.

35285_452185853091_502843091_6137391_5614980_n.jpg

35285_452185858091_502843091_6137392_5406077_n.jpg

NExt group came up for a 2:30 to 6:30 trip and we hit the big water for some smalljaws. We found them and found then good! Some real big fish for this time of year. All fish in 15-17 feet of water on dropshot slammers in smoke/pearl white bottom. Couple double headers even to add to the fun!

35285_452185863091_502843091_6137393_1998024_n.jpg

35285_452185848091_502843091_6137390_5240031_n.jpg

double header!!

35285_452185868091_502843091_6137394_3897558_n.jpg

35285_452185878091_502843091_6137396_5300948_n.jpg

Tank at the end of the day, only a 4.5 beside it... lol.

What a day!

On tap for the weekend: Night tournament on Friday from 8pm-2am :thumbsup_anim: then volunteering as a boater for the Junior Bassmasters tournament Sunday on G-Pool. Lines tight everyone,

Edited by steverowbotham

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! Some nice pigs there fore sure! Nice colors there too!! Has anyone ever did a show on Simcoe, drop shotting slammers and what happened to Mark Kulik?

Oh and nice tat. What does something like that run you?

Edited by Johnny Bass

WOW! Some nice pigs there fore sure! Nice colors there too!! Has anyone ever did a show on Simcoe, drop shotting slammers and what happened to Mark Kulik?

Oh and nice tat. What does something like that run you?

Kulik's still around, guiding, pouring baits and fishing the Kingston Open this weekend if I'm not mistaken.

This tattoo in full colour will run me about 1000 bucks which is a killer deal on a half sleeve. Most guys will charge you 1500-2000.

Some really nice bass, Steve! Nice going, and good to see you making the customers happy, as you did with myself, Juli and the boys ice fishing. Can't wait (well maybe I can, enjoying myself on the open water) to use the hut this winter! Take care!!

nice work, looking forward to the report of it all colored in! The 6 hour stint seems like it will be a bit grueling. a friend of mine at work has had quite a bit done and he swears by popping a couple of advil extra strength liqui-gels just before. not sure if you had any work done prior but might help ya out. ;)

Great work on the bass as well! :clapping:

nice work, looking forward to the report of it all colored in! The 6 hour stint seems like it will be a bit grueling. a friend of mine at work has had quite a bit done and he swears by popping a couple of advil extra strength liqui-gels just before. not sure if you had any work done prior but might help ya out. ;)

Great work on the bass as well! :clapping:

Funny I did pop a couple liqui-gels before I went. The 6 hours of work will be over 2 sittings, so not too bad

Boy you sure know how to slay 'em, those pigs are gonna be monsters come fall time.

Steve, on your dropshot rigs, are you spooled up with fluoro or do you use a leader? I havn't had any success on my dropshot rig and I'm trying to fine tune it to see what I'm doing wrong. Broke off 2 fish running Berkeley Vanish 8lb test leader and into the trash it went.

Thanks for the weekly reports btw, always love seein your big fish pics!

Boy you sure know how to slay 'em, those pigs are gonna be monsters come fall time.

Steve, on your dropshot rigs, are you spooled up with fluoro or do you use a leader? I havn't had any success on my dropshot rig and I'm trying to fine tune it to see what I'm doing wrong. Broke off 2 fish running Berkeley Vanish 8lb test leader and into the trash it went.

Thanks for the weekly reports btw, always love seein your big fish pics!

I run 15 lbs power pro with a 15foot leader of 10lbs XPS fluorocarbon line. Hasnt let me down. Vanish on the other hand, let me down many times!

Kulik's still around, guiding, pouring baits and fishing the Kingston Open this weekend if I'm not mistaken.

This tattoo in full colour will run me about 1000 bucks which is a killer deal on a half sleeve. Most guys will charge you 1500-2000.

It's probably only a deal if the guy colours inside the lines! :o (Unless it's supposed to be an abstract piece) ;)

...Nice fishies. :thumbsup_anim:

Guest Johnny Bass

:blink: That's crazy!! I'm in the wrong business!

A copied tattoo??? Thats kinda cheesy isn't it??

If your gonna spend your hard earned money on a tatt, at least think something up that's original!!

S.

a tattoo is something personnal

if the guy wants that tattoo its his choice.

i bet you have a chinesse writting tattoo.

:blahblah1::blahblah1:

a tattoo is something personnal

if the guy wants that tattoo its his choice.

i bet you have a chinesse writting tattoo.

:blahblah1::blahblah1:

You lose that bet!! I'll go double or nothing that you do though.......... :wallbash:

The guy can get any tattoo he wants for all I care. I was just saying it was kinda cheesy to get a copy done IMO. I don't have any tatts, but I've spent a long time building my own design. One of these days I'll actually get it done. Its something thats means something to me, not something I saw in a magazine!!!!

S.