Saskatoon....

Gerritt

I might be heading to Sask. to work.. 3 weeks on, 1 week off. I was asked today if I would be willing to go... after some thought, I think I might do it.... the money is very good, and it seems I have made a name through the company as the guy that gets things done... and so here I am...

They have had major flooding in Sask, and I just happen to do insurance repair work (I sub through a major restoration company)..

So.. being based in Saskatoon, is it worth it to pack a rod and some assorted tackle? are there any little lakes or rivers in Saskatoon?

I could be leaving as early as next week!

any info is appreciated

G.

Black Strap Resivoir is south of town and is full of nice eyes. :D

Also if you have wheels and some time to roam there are plenty of great fishing opportunities Deifenbaker and Last Mountain Lakes to the south are excellent fisheries and Big & Little Quill Lakes to the East are also good. There are plenty of good lakes to the North towards Prince Albert as well.

Here's a link to some mapping of the area, you can zoom right in on the areas you want.

<<<MAP>>>

A couple of Black Strap eyes.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I think its a wonderful opportunity to see more of and learn more about our beautiful country. My parents moved me all over Canada when I was a kid due to my dad's job and I complained most of the time, but now I'd never give up those experiences for anything and treasure most of them.

Good luck G and make sure you post some good Sask. reports.

Joey

Well it looks like my trip to Sask is alot closer then I thought.. they have had alot more wet weather, and the calls have been made. Once again I was talked to, to ensure I was willing to go. I will have 3 labourers with me to help carry my burden. Thanks everyone for the advice, I will have a rental car and hopefully find sometime to wet a line. I will contact holdie for a tour/fish.. should he be close to where I will be staying.. Hopefully I can sneak away for a couple hours.. as I will be working 3 weeks non-stop... (not unusual for me) It will be hard... but the money is good.. Really good.. and I get to visit a Province I have never seen!

I have already been warned to stay out of the bars.. as some of the locals are not to fond of those from Ontario... I think I will take their advice..

anyways thanks again everyone, I will be sure to pack a rod and some assorted tackle..

Have a great night and a good weekend.

G

Pack for pike....Check out the tackle store in Saskatoon, and see the world record rainbow. As for the bars, no different than here, keep your nose clean, and you should be fine. Beer is EXPENSIVE there though! You might want to import....