Stellar day out on Lake O

Fish Farmer

Finally got the boat out of the garage to do some lake O fishing myself. Out yesterday off 50 Pt. I got into the Rainbows that you wouldn't believe, I lost count, 20 anyway and lost I don't know how many. Quite a few fish in the 10 to 12 LB. range Got there as soon as the park opened. Headed out to 90 FTW. I tried to set 2 riggers but it was almost imposable, for 2 hours the rods were going off big time. I was beat in that heat :sleeping_02::blink: , setting lines, netting fish,trying to set again. I only got a few pictures taking them myself is a chore. My poor camera got slimed all over. All fish were released except 2 I couldn't revive. Man what a day with that heat, I didn't want to get off the lake with fishing like that. Stayed out from 7 am to 3:30 pm. I only had a 1 hour dead time. I hope this weather doesn't screw up the fishing for Monday, taking a few guys out. I hope it won't be, You should have been here yesterday days :dunno::D

dscn0883d.jpg

dscn0874g.jpg

dscn0889w.jpg

Edited by Fish Farmer

Wow,

Great report. Planning first trip out this year on Sunday, any advise on lure choices or colors?

Any luck on Falshers & Flies?

Thanks

I just used spoons NK28 candy corn did the damage. I did take out the doctors and flies but never put them on. I like fishing light if possible. Spoons worked, that's what I stayed with.

If you need a partner anytime (with a smoker) call me!!

I've yet to get my boat out of the driveway this year.

Would like to but I have many buds that want to take them out. Some times I just like going by myself because I like Dark to Dark days. A lot call me crazy, but I just get so into it, I forget all about time.

Thanks guys. Get out there the fishing is fantastic right now.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Thanks for the info, How deep were you and how many FOW?

Thanks

I stayed in the 90 to 100 FTW, down 40' to 45' on the rigger, 30' back, speed 3.2 to 3.5 mph.

Awesome job on the lake! I hope your next trip with your buddies is as good as this one. Does this put you in a good enough mood to consider giving up those seats? Hahaha!

Disco,

I have 4 of those seats, by next week I may need 4 more. :lol::lol: