The New Face Of Terrorism

CLofchik

A man who drove into downtown Toronto with implements including a chainsaw, gas cans and a crossbow in his car was arrested on Dangerous Weapons charges.

Officers arrested the man, who was driving an older silver Hyundai with a homemade box on its roof, during a routine stop at the intersection of Scott Street and The Esplanade, near the Sony Centre and Union Station, a few blocks from the summit site.

Toronto police Chief Bill Blair stressed that it is not illegal to possess any of the items found in the car.

"The law is the law — it hasn't changed under these circumstances," he said, referring to heightened security around the G20 summit.

"But quite clearly if an individual comes down into the area … and is carrying things that could be used as a weapon, that matter's going to be investigated by the police, and those items can be removed from that individual in the interests of maintaining a safe environment for everybody

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/06/24/g20-security-threat-car.html#ixzz0ruUPtIYJ

584-g20-car-cp.jpg

redblog5-759068.jpg

Just as bad as the fertilizer farce. Now every farmer is now a potential terrorist.

ALL THIS IS IS ANOTHER MEDIA PUBLICITY CIRCUS. Designed to attract attention to HArper and his cronies.

Put simply. " Look at me Ma. I'm playing with the big boys now"..

it's also a chance for the jobless, squeegie weilding, losers to protest every possible cause "peacefully" and then taunt the boys in blue...did i also mention that they like to spray us with supersoakers full of urine,throw bags of feces and eggs injected with fermented urine at us and my favourite........... the christmas ornaments (round balls) full of acid ....oh and the molitoff cocktail is a real symbol of peaceful protests.....so is the dozen pipebombs the media hasn't told anyone about

Edited by FishnNAutographs

I hear what you're saying Dave. Be careful out there, not worth losing your cool. I was thinking about you with concern working the summit. With luck the crazies will not cause much trouble. IMHO the car incident was :jerry: blown way out of proportion by the media. I was listening to the live broadcast on the radio while on break.

And yep, it did look like a Red Green invention :rofl2:

Everybody knows about the G20 security measures in place now (whether we agree with it or not is irrelevant, we have to deal with it).

This guy had to know that with something like that strapped to the roof of his car while driving around downtown TO this week, that he would be pulled over.

We shouldn't criticize the Police for doing their job.... this guy was a moron and should have known better.

Burt :)

Edited by Burtess

According to the news the fella in the car had some mental issues and was actually living in the car.

Trouble is, too many folks like to complain about the police doing their job, but if they DON'T check on these types of situations and something nasty were to happen, then folks are gonna complain about that they DIDN'T do their job.

This kinda thing reminds me of when you hear of an "innocent bystander" being hurt or arrested for some reason because he was there. I'm sorry, I don't buy into that. You KNOW that there's a demonstration or something going on, stay the hell away from there and let people do their jobs.

If you go there to gawk at what's going on, you're part of the problem.

Too many folks like to complain about the police doing their job, but if they DON'T check on these types of situations and something nasty were to happen, then folks are gonna complain about that they DIDN'T do their job.

That was My thought as well...Its a no win situation for the police.

Its their job to control the craziness, and all the crazies with a cause are comming out of their caves to protest on a global stage right now.

So every protest they break up, or attempt to contain makes them the bad guy to that cause and their supporters.

Tough spot to be in for sure.

Edited by Cookslav

I would rather see 100 people checked than 1 person that should be checked get by. When we had the shooter terrorizing our area 5 years ago he was thought to be driving a white van I was stopped twice that day by the police. The only words I had to say were good job officer and thank you for doing a job that is above my means to do. If you are not helping the police then in my book you are a criminal.

Art

This kinda thing reminds me of when you hear of an "innocent bystander" being hurt or arrested for some reason because he was there. I'm sorry, I don't buy into that. You KNOW that there's a demonstration or something going on, stay the hell away from there and let people do their jobs.

The year was 1963 Roy and me & my bud were at Danforth & Birchmount driving past Scarboro Arena and there was a huge fight going on between 2 biker gangs with coppers and paddy wagons all over the place.

Being the inquistive 16 year old that I was at the time, I parked the car and went to get a better look....really bad move :w00t: The coppers were right in the midst of the fight and were grabbing everybody that didn't move fast enuff and I happened to be in the way.

I was handcuffed, thrown in the paddy wagon with the bikers and spent the next 2 days in the old Don Jail before bail would be set, in what would become the absolute worst weeknd of my life :o

Moral of the story.....if there's trouble brewing and the coppers tell you to beat it.....you better scram or pay the consequences !!

Funny thing though, I never held a grudge with the police and fully understood why things happened the way they did.

Thanks for the support guys, i'm hearing a lot of stuff on the news that is rediculous and quite frankly the only media outlet that's pro anything we do has been 680/640 news...even cp24 has thrown us under the bus......crappy job but someone's gotta do it.

Just to let everyone know, I was fortunate to be a part of the G20 security on Monday and Tuesday - luckily nothing happened and on tuesday I met several Blue Jays because my post was outside the Rogers Centre. Unfortunately I have several friends that are down there now on the riot squad and have already been face to face with the militant protestors....

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8fRvFvoobhE&h=2d572KIq3Rz-CHLiLROZ-1PKcnw

the link is what people try to do to get us to react. The officer in the sunglasses is a really good friend of mine.

]http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/GraphingAddict/?action=view&current=37367_440929425621_597155621_641247.jpg

The first 6 officers on the left work on my shift.

Guest gbfisher

The Seal protesters were out in full force yesterday. When they started chanting. Let em go! let em go to the officer who arrested one of them. There was another crowd sayin...LOCK em up! lock em up!....Funny filtered try again please.. :D

Just not a place I'd wanna be no matter what was going on down there.

For once, I think someone should follow the example of the Red Power Alliance - native protesters...they had planned to do a blockade on the 403 and up north along with their march. They changed their plans to avoid an militant action and had a peaceful march from queens park and as close as they could to the summit, then left. No problem.

That dude in the video is a loser LOL...

You boys in blue handled hime a lot better then he deserved to be.

Asking for ID, and being concerned is not segregating anyone LOL!

What he was doing was resisting authority, and being a general nuisence...begging to be arrested in my opinion.