Taylor or Tyler

JohnF

Taylor or Tyler  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be drafted number one?

• Taylor Hall
    • Tyler Seguin
    • Neither

Oilers are crazy not to take Seguin. Hall is a very good player but Seguin has more upside they are comparing him to Sakic and Yzerman,and he is also a year younger than Hall.Hall is being compared to LeCalvier or Spezza type. IMHO Sakic/Yzerman>>>>>> Spezza \ Vinny

we have seen alot more of hall because of memeriol cups, world juniors. He is an amazing talent. They both are. It is really hard to pass over hall even though he played on a better team and is an older 18 year old. I think I would in the end take hall but can you really go wrong with either these kids? i think both will play next year.

you know they are both saying to themselves, please don't take me, please don't take me.....Boston is obv a much better destination. Have fun in Edmonton whoever you are......

Hall almost sounds like he'd like the chance to play in Edmonton. There he can be the saviour. Boston is already a contender and he'd be just another (perhaps) franchise player. I get the sense he might have a little more maturity than Seguin, but that may just be the age difference.

Hall sure was impressive in spring hockey though. He kinda reminded me of Jon Toews the way he took control at times on the ice.

JF

Hall will likely go first. BUT seguin SHOULD go first. hes a better all around player then hall.

Depends on what your needs are I suppose. Boston already signed a left winger (Horton). Either player could probably step right in and help the Oilers. IMHO Seguin is the overall better prospect. He seems to have that sense of where the puck or his teammate is going to be...Hall is more of a true sniper.

Edited by John

Hall almost sounds like he'd like the chance to play in Edmonton. There he can be the saviour. Boston is already a contender and he'd be just another (perhaps) franchise player. I get the sense he might have a little more maturity than Seguin, but that may just be the age difference.

Hall sure was impressive in spring hockey though. He kinda reminded me of Jon Toews the way he took control at times on the ice.

JF

Well, I'm a huge Bruins fan and from where I sit we can't lose. Hall and Seguin are both going to be franchise players and the Bruins will be happy with the second choice. Either way we are getting a better player two years down the road than that whiny Kessel plus we still have 2 more draft picks from that deal. Thanks Burkie!! When Burke leaves Toronto in a couple of years for his dream job of being the GM in Boston, it will all make sense Leaf fans......

Brufan

Well, I'm a huge Bruins fan and from where I sit we can't lose. Hall and Seguin are both going to be franchise players and the Bruins will be happy with the second choice. Either way we are getting a better player two years down the road than that whiny Kessel plus we still have 2 more draft picks from that deal. Thanks Burkie!! When Burke leaves Toronto in a couple of years for his dream job of being the GM in Boston, it will all make sense Leaf fans......

Brufan

You're right about not losing in the choice between Taylor & Tyler but as for Kessel, time will tell. He's still developing. One thing I've noticed with American born hockey players (and in a few other sports as well). They generally seem to have more heart than many of our Canuck players. They seem to be able to dig deeper when they need to and deliver the goods, like they have an extra little national pride cache hidden away that can push them over the top. It always worries me when we're playing an American team for something important. Too often Canadians seem ready to lose instead of expecting nothing less than a win. This isn't always endearing in the American players but you've sure gotta respect it.

Kessel may be an egocentric selfish little turd but he's an American turd, and that makes him a dangerous commodity. Think of some of the other Americans who've stood out in the NHL. They may not have been the most talented or the most likeable but they sure were determined. And there are more of them every year, even though many of them have Canadian ex-pat pro players for dads. Look at the draft this year - a Cali roller blader fer cryin' out loud.

JF