Who's Spouse/better half fishes with them?

irishfield

Hello!!

As a girl who has a great passion for fishing and the outdoors in general, I've found it difficult to indulge in this sport. With guys or girls. At the most I could get someone to come out with me for a few hours, usually while camping or at a cottage, but they always lost interest. Luckily I have finally found a partner who shares it as strongly as me, or more. Disco Phish has been a great teacher and we have so many awesome memories already and eagerly look forward to the next time we can get out and try our luck. Right now we are in the midst of looking for a boat so we can explore all the great spots Ontario has to offer this coming summer! :thumbsup_anim:

1_Russells_pike.jpg

1_Selena__s_pickerel.jpg

My missus fishes mith me but...... I gota make sure she has food, her cell phone (with service) and I gota take all the fish off...lol... She likes trolling at night for pik's.... Whe're getting married this winter coming and the honeymoon is in belize for the tarpon fishing uh I mean beaches...lol... I guess the next step is to get a pic of her with a fish.

Hello!!

As a girl who has a great passion for fishing and the outdoors in general, I've found it difficult to indulge in this sport. With guys or girls. At the most I could get someone to come out with me for a few hours, usually while camping or at a cottage, but they always lost interest. Luckily I have finally found a partner who shares it as strongly as me, or more. Disco Phish has been a great teacher and we have so many awesome memories already and eagerly look forward to the next time we can get out and try our luck. Right now we are in the midst of looking for a boat so we can explore all the great spots Ontario has to offer this coming summer! :thumbsup_anim:

Wow, where did that walleye come from?

It's been a while but I had to post on this subject. Nice pics btw.

Here are a few pics of the yester years of my wife and I.

Sorry for the poor quality, pics taken before my digital.

Fishing the Kopka River system south of Wabikimi. This pic was pasted on all 400 bottles of wine at our wedding.

Kopka.jpg

Picture of the story of my life when she comes out with me. :whistling:

Cloud.jpg

My wife is a city girl through and through! The first time I took her fishin, we were on the French, near Alban, renting a cottage from Moonlight Bay Camp. (18 Mile Island area).

I took her to a small bay, loaded her rod with a jig, a worm and a bobber and told her to keep a close eye on the bobber and if it moved to set the hook and reel it in. Well the sunfish, perch and rockies were very cooperative that day, unfortunately for them, my wife didn't pay very much attention to her bobber and the fish almost always swallowed the hook!

She got very up-set that she was hurting the fish (and feeding seagulls) and we both decided shortly there after that she should concentrate on what made her happiest... holding the front of the boat down, reading a book and catchin some rays!

Since that time, I've had the pleasure of the having the best looking balast of any boat in the water! She doesn't fish, but gets a real kick outta watching me catch fish and spending time on the water, enjoying what mother nature has provided!

Sure does love to eat'em to!

HH

Well let's see, we're not married and I for sure am the better half :P , but we do fish together at times. Most of my fishing is done with Beans though as Steve's and my schedules rarely work out for a day of fishing together. I like to go out with him though as it's the only way I can get out onto Georgian Bay, and of course he's the one with the boat so he's not all bad :D

maureen

Glad to see there are lots of couples out gettin er done together on the water. My wife Goog55 wanted to spend more time together so I said "you'll have to learn how to fish" and she's still kickin my butt on the water 15 yrs later.

100_1461.jpg

100_1095.jpg

100_1044.jpg

100_0955.jpg

100_0928.jpg

100_0410.jpg

100_0454.jpg

Gotta luv her my wife and my best friend. xx oo

Edited by joonmoon

Wow, where did that walleye come from?

Hey!! From a beautiful bay in the Parry Sound area that faces west. Aptley named, it's called "Sunset Bay" and there's a break that drops from 5- 8' deep running the length of it that a wide variety of fish are consistantly found on. It usually produces early evening ( as you can see from the pictures ) and this is one of the larger ones caught there. It was released for better days!!

I take my girlfriend all the time. When we first started going out, i decided to put her up to a little test. I took her perch fishing, in the boat, in April, in 0 degree weather. She did less complaining about the weather then i did :thumbsup_anim: I've been taking her with me ever sinse

lovetofish