Buying a new bed...need opinions......NF

scugpg

Well after 5yrs our Serta mattress has lost almost all its support so its time to get something that is A. going to last longer and B. going to be more comfortable.

I'm really eying the Tempur-pedic mattresses, but the $ is the only thing scaring me away. Just wondering if anyone else can speak for them, or any other mattress they find really comfortable. Although I don't mind paying for something that is worth the $.

Also if you know of any place you would recommend in the London area please let me know! I know there's a huge margin on these items so any deal would be nice!

We bought a Sultan mattress from Ikea and 8 years later it has no sags or soft spots. the price was WAY cheaper than all of the big brand names, It is a foam/latex mattress and is guaranteed for 20 yrs(I think) I'll be buying another next time...

jjcanoe

The only thing I can tell you is "DON'T GO TO SLEEP COUNTRY" to buy one. I have had a couple of friends now that had nothing but problems with them. Wrong items delivered, defective items delivered, and no customer service when they tried to get the problems rectified. One of my friends even went so far as to send an email to the president of Sleep Country to ask her to help sort out their problems, he never even got a response.

The wife and I went through something similar. We paid a handsome price for what we thought would be a mattress to last a very long time only to realize after 3 years that it was terrible. It sagged badly and became quite uncomfortable. So, after experiencing a very comfortable sleep at a Hilton Hotel we decided to buy the same mattress, it's the sleep number bed. It's pricey but after 4 years I have absolutely no regrets. The wife likes a softer mattress while I like a firmer one, and with twin beds not being an option for wifey :whistling: this was the only choice.

Well on the other side of Big Cliffs coin, we have bought a number of mattresses from Sleep Country. Never once had a problem, and the discounts keep getting bigger as they keep you on file and "give a little back" for return customers.

You are right about the cost for the Tempurpedic, a little high, but you sleep like you've gone into hibernation.

The only thing I can tell you is "DON'T GO TO SLEEP COUNTRY" to buy one. I have had a couple of friends now that had nothing but problems with them. Wrong items delivered, defective items delivered, and no customer service when they tried to get the problems rectified. One of my friends even went so far as to send an email to the president of Sleep Country to ask her to help sort out their problems, he never even got a response.

Awwweee.....come on Cliff, Christine McGee is my hero! Well at least she was before she sold the company several years back. Actually both our beds (at home, and up North are from there and no problems whatsoever. The one up North was bought in Brampton and shipped to the Orillia area to a trailer park without any problems.

I think it depends more on the store. My Daughter and Son-in-Law had nothing but Nightmares dealing with Leon's, yet Lew loves the place and had no problems!

are you ready for one of these yet?

http://www.craftmatic.com/bed_models.html?PHPSESSID=1a50dddd9338dc526f976eb1e88bddd3 :rofl2::rofl2:

we actually bought from Sleep Country in east london-argyle mall (before we moved a couple years ago) and they were great..still love the bed...

I guess everyone has good/bad experiences everywhere...

good luck

Awwweee.....come on Cliff, Christine McGee is my hero! Well at least she was before she sold the company several years back. Actually both our beds (at home, and up North are from there and no problems whatsoever. The one up North was bought in Brampton and shipped to the Orillia area to a trailer park without any problems.

I think it depends more on the store. My Daughter and Son-in-Law had nothing but Nightmares dealing with Leon's, yet Lew loves the place and had no problems!

Same here Brian our last mattress purchase was from the Sleep Country in O`ville no complaints, and Leons I buy most of my stuff from Leons and for the most part they are great but the last time I had a delivery the delivery/setup guys were the laziest s.o.b`s I have ever seen!

That's great folks thanks for your input.

As for Sleep Country, I find the sales folks a little pushy so have been turned off there a bit. However I'll drop back in its all who you get to talk to.

Anyone else have experience with Tempur?