Back from Jiggy...

TJQ

By the look and actions of that bird, I bet she stole your motor and was trying to get you away from her hiding spot!

Like others have said, there are very few things I hate more than a thief... sorry for your loss and I do hope that some where down the line, they get it back in spades!

HH

You must know a few old time trappers up your way TJ with some antique gear laying around ??

Replace that motor with a brand new shiny one , then hang it in plain view and lay a couple old bear traps around the area with a few leaves scattered over top to conceal them.

Betcha those stinkin thieves won't come back again after stepping into one of those things.

Agreed Lew.

Simple sign "Enter at own risk, property well protected. Owner not responsible for any injury that will occur" :whistling:

Dang! Sorry to hear about the motor loss, hard to imagine theives in paradise, but you never know. My guess is that they came down the river and stopped by, but who knows. I know it would be hard, but your just gonna have to spend more time there this summer to make sure it doesnt happen again :whistling:

jason

Thanks everyone, I think I got myself hooked up with a nice used 8 hp Johnson/Evinrude in MINT condition. The outboard was about the onl;y think that I leave there, other than alot of little crap, that was of any real value. I'm just happy they didn't do any damage.

I've got plenty of cam's on order and like I said.. the next time its MY turn.

Re locate a few Massassauga rattlers into your storage hole.........

But unfortunately, you are not there in the winter so you will get some dumb :asshat: around looking for anything to steal. The camera's are a good option but they may get stolen too. You never know what to expect.

Good luck on maybe catching these bonehead's on tape.

Must be that time of year for crazy mother grouse protecting their young.

I was in Awenda Park last week helping train new SAR recruits. I was sent into the bush at dawn on a set compass bearing for 5 tallies. When I put my foot down for my last pace of the 5 tally walk, wammo, I flushed two grouse, and saw about 8-10 little grouse running away. Surprised I didn’t step on one of them.

That dam bird wouldn’t leave for a good 15 minutes. It made all sorts of weird noises.

I tried to get the birds out of that area, cuz for the next 3 hours, there was going to be new recruits, out on their first night walk, stamping through the area.

The birds eventually moved off.