Dream fishing trip destoried before it has started

Paudash

I am leaving on a fishing trip Friday with 6 friends and our boys on Friday. We are going to a friends hunt camp 1 hour north of Bay Bay and then a 1 hour ATV ride into the bush. I have never been but from what he has told us is that we have 4 lake within a 30 min ATV ride that he has never seen anyone fish other than his family. Sounds to good to be true so it started with the 6 guys then we decided to take the boys all 14-15 years old. All my son has talked about for 4 months since we told them we were taking them. Comes home yesterday with a broken ankle. :(

This sucks

The main question is what kind of a break is it? If the break is a clean and straight forward one then he should probably be able to go, but if it is a bad break you really and I do mean really want that foot in a PLASTER or a Fiberglass cast as soon as possible.

This is unfortunately way too much personal experience, and if he does go the fiberglass route watch out for some thing that no doctor has ever told me - watch out to or for an allergic reaction to the fiberglass as a very small percentage of people can be allergic to it.

But all of this could be in vain here, what does the mother say? :whistling:

Broke my ankle two weeks ago, and last weekend we took our trucks into this lake called cinder lake and went camping.

It was great for me because my bro and his buddy did all the work, all i did was fish eat and drink beer.

I also had to get in a canoe to get to our camp site. Get the doctor to give him an air cast, and just make him stay of the leg.

Getting used to walking with crutches in the bush might take a day or two, but i drank a 24 of beer and still could get around our campsite with no accidents. He just needs to make sure he is carefull with the ankle because it needs to set right and if it doesnt then that means surgery. good luck and have fun.

The results are in and it is all bad. Not one but 2 breaks in the ankle, doctor does not even want him going to school for a week. Nothing more than sitting for 3 weeks. When I told the guys we decided to do another trip in October so he can go on the next trip. Man is he pissed, I am almost glad to be out of the house

The results are in and it is all bad. Not one but 2 breaks in the ankle, doctor does not even want him going to school for a week. Nothing more than sitting for 3 weeks. When I told the guys we decided to do another trip in October so he can go on the next trip. Man is he pissed, I am almost glad to be out of the house

Nasty break.....no choice but to follow the doc's orders which is a downer for your son....but what a great bunch of friends you have! October is just around the corner.

Nasty break.....no choice but to follow the doc's orders which is a downer for your son....but what a great bunch of friends you have! October is just around the corner.

For what it is worth, it could always be worse. And I am a firm believer of things happen for a reason...who knows, you may now decide to stick around town, buy a lotto max ticket and win $50 million....and if you do, remember who put this idea in your head.

Edited by fisher

That is too bad, but it really could have been worse, at least no sugery and or no pins, plates or staples.

I know that this may sound bad, but in all you got the best out come from a bad situation, you can go fishing any time with a healthy foot but very limited with a bum ankle.

Good luck to your son in a fast and clean healing.

FLEX

well we got back last night and had a great time but I wish he could have come. I am glade we did not try to bring him as he would have never been able to make it. 6 hours in the car 1 hour in the boat and 1 hour ATV plus loading and unloading it was 11 hours door to door. Good fishing as I did get a 14lb pike and another over 10lds as well. I will take him in October or maybe we can do a fly in :thumbsup_anim: