Fishing Yesterday

marth11

Well I went out to green ribbon trail since what closer than my drum fishing spot, I decided I was going to try for pike well after tossing spinners for an hour and a bit I gave up since I was only plannin on staying for a few hours so I switch to my float and corn, knowing I was going to catch some bullheads I set up my keepnet too a keep a few alive. Well there was no carp biting but they were lots swimming around, the bullheads on the other hand wouldn't stay off my line kept 6 of them for the table, released just as many the biggest I kept was 1lbs on the dot plus many more that would of beat that, so when I got home I decided to weigh my bag of fish came to 5 lbs and change so 6 fish there so I say I caught around 10-12 lbs of fish good day I say so myself.

P5100097.jpg

P5100098.jpg

P5100100.jpg

P5100095.jpg

turtle was released unharmed and swam back into the water in seconds after picture

P5100099.jpg

P5100101.jpg

Looks like fun but be careful young brother that your fish are safe to eat.

Cats can be bottom feeders where some bad things are-----probably occasional meal will be ok but not too much

I dont worry about fish that feed "on" bottom cats dont suck up the sentiments like carp and suckers do cats are aggressive feeding fish that commonly feed on anything that swims by them feeding "on" bottom and feeding on bottom are totally different trout for instance feed on bottom same with salmon, and suckers and carp just suck stuff up thats on bottom

I would probably listen to the members here who are trying to give you a heads up. They (bullheads) do eat crustaceans and mussels that filter the water (and all the nasties in it).

For your reference here is the eating guide...

http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/en/water/fishguide/guides.php

Great reports by the way, keep up the good work.

Man nothing like a feed of fresh mud-pout. I use to catchem and eatem like KFC when I was a young lad never did me any harm. I even had kids although I could argue that my son is an idiot.Although I think every father would probably say the same thing about his teenage offspring.

Edited by Musky or Specks

I dont worry about fish that feed "on" bottom cats dont suck up the sentiments like carp and suckers do cats are aggressive feeding fish that commonly feed on anything that swims by them feeding "on" bottom and feeding on bottom are totally different trout for instance feed on bottom same with salmon, and suckers and carp just suck stuff up thats on bottom

Breath dude, breath!!!

People are getting their knickers in a knot about eating small bullhead from a trib. I wouldn't worry with a weekly meal. Those of you eating those large chinook out of lake ontario have a heck of a lot more to worry about.

Edited by scuro2

Way to go Joey.

I remember catching a mess of bullheads on Simcoe years back and when we cleaned 'em for dinner, my friend showed me the local way they clean 'em up there. You know what, it was the 10-sec perch cleaning method that's making the rounds on youtube. You're probably familiar with it. Anyhoo, it works just as well for the bullheads, incase you wanted to give it a try.