NF When do you say enuff and get rid of it

vinnimon

Guest Johnny Bass

Are you crazy? With your wife's driving record(accident prone) you are considering buying new?LOL I would not put another cent in that vehicle and buy a used Japanese car. $5,000 Max

My younger son is still driving my 2001 (purchased 4/00)Saturn Coupe SC2 and loves it. It's loaded with even leather interior and still gets 38 mpg on the highway. It recently turned 100K and still looks new. I "HOPE" to someday get it back from him and drive it as my daily vehicle....but he said when he's done with it I'll need a tow truck to get it.

Wouldn't have been easier to take it for a drive, park next to a good fishing hole..place a brick on the gas peddle....let it scream wide open, while you went and caught a couple fish...when you come back... problem solved.

Sure would solve all the engine problems and make it not worth repairing.

Edited by IndySKS

I don't understand guyz????? I have the perfect wife, i'm aloud to do what ever i want..................................................................As long as she sayz it's O.K!!!!!

By a cheap Honda or Vw, they look good and last forever, ask my wife shes been beaten her golf for years and believe me she drives it like she stole it!

All is cool.p/u the car tommorrow mornin and ill send it off for emmissionn.I hope it passes.And yes I am staying cool about it.I dislike arguments esp with the wiffey.I ussually loose anyway,LOL.Like a bud said last night.LOL If shes happy,your happy!We both smilled and kept quite!LOL

I had a 98 Saturn. Biggest piece of crap I ever owned!

The rough idling could be the engine coolant temperature sensor. Relatively inexpensive fix, located on the side of the block.

Mine went and I had to actually push the gas pedal to start it.

Short time later, tranny went. Apparently a common breakdown on these cars. Tried 3 different trannies from the wrecker before the tranny shop told me to come and get the car and don't come back. They were getting sick and tired of pulling the motor out and putting it back in.

Drove the piece of crap home in D1 at 25 km and called Teen Challenge Farm and donated it to them. They came and picked it up and gave me a charitable donation receipt for $900 to use on my income tax.

Best thing to come of that heap!

PB

THE CONCLUSION :)

Well it was sent in for repairs and emissions.Monday it was done and passed the E test.Well, we went to get the sticker.The VIN on the test didnt match. :angry: We went back and showed them.After talking they took the vin from the door, not the dash.Then I remembered years ago it was side swiped and the door was replaced.

Anyway the retest failed and failed again.We had quit a bit of work done at NO CHARGE :w00t: Finally it passed,took 5 tries and a few repairs.They even fixed the ABS, and a sticky calipar at no charge.The only thing we paid for was a used egr valve for 50 bucks. :w00t:

The things we forget about, :D

OH and she is happy as well.

THE END!

Women want to believe that they are smarter then you. Often they are! In either case it is better to allow them to hold on to this fact/delusion. Lets face it, most wives do far more than we ever will. Eat crow, she will love you all the more for it.

Here is how it works here.She turns the key and the it starts,If it doesn't then I have to make sure it does or a different unit that starts had better be there the next day.Glad she doesn't mind commuting on the tractor once in a while.A little give and take is a good thing.Tough to bush hog with a Scion,rough commute in the rain on a New Holland.Just so ya knows.

Joe

Here is how it works here.She turns the key and the it starts,If it doesn't then I have to make sure it does or a different unit that starts had better be there the next day.Glad she doesn't mind commuting on the tractor once in a while.A little give and take is a good thing.Tough to bush hog with a Scion,rough commute in the rain on a New Holland.Just so ya knows.

Joe

It's a whole lot easier to push thru traffic on the New Holland though....

Art