Power Outage

Woodsman

Still plenty of power here in East York, but there's a heavy coating of ice on everything and strong winds, so it may only be a matter of time before the branches come down and take the hydro lines with them.

Just to add to the fun, it's raining pretty hard now too.

Power's good up here, but if it goes I'm ok, happens usually twice a year around these parts. I use a wood stove, so I still have heat, and can cook, lot's of battery operated lights. There are apparently several areas in T.O. that are out due to downed lined. Be careful everyone.

Maureen

Over 1,900 customers effected by this outage. Hydro One reporting they require replacing a pole to fix.

Also over 3,000 other customers effected by other outages in they surrounding areas.

Heres Hydro One's link for power outages.

http://www.hydroonenetworks.com/en/about/o...s/south_map.asp

Rick

Edited by Woodsman

Keswick went out at 3:30AM, nice bright flashes in the east, was still out at 6:30 when I headed into the salt mines. Seemed that Thornhill and Richmond Hill had gotten hit sometime in the night as my wireless network to Mississauga was loosing packets almost as fast as they could be sent. By 9AM the network was purring, hopefully Keswick too

Lap top and phone line!

Exactly.

Dial up here and I did not lose the the phone service. Laptop recharged by power inverter, powered by my boat battery which was in the basement fully charged.

Inverter only puts out 2.6 amps max continuously. Too small to power anything big.

Most people in the area now have there power back. Further west closer to Lake Huron there is still some without power.

Best Wishes: Rick