1 week to Cuba! can't wait!

Crazyhook

brinnging a spinning rod for smaller fish and bait catching, my abu 7000 in case something big is around and my 8 weight fly rod to try for bonefish. Got my gotcha's, crazy charlie's, crab flies and a few others. For Cudas macks and Jacks I brought a bunch of Xraps, zara spooks, skitter walks, yo zuri's, rapalas. As well as a few bags of gulp! small jigs, hair jigs and a bulldawg! ( because I can!)

any other suggestions for fishing Cuba ( Cayo coco)

There are other lagoons to try on Cayo Coco . The Melia at the south end has a lake area that is teeming with what look like bass also on the south of the Krystal is an area on the ocean like a rock pile that has an awesome view try letting a line out there saw lots of fish there while snorkelling one was a huge cuda. Saw the boats come in with some huge Mahi Mahi also. have fun get lots of pics.

thanks everyone!

Question I have an 8 foot rod case? would I be able to bring that on the plane?? have a good 8 foot rod that would be perfect and in the same case I can fit a small spinning rod and my fly rod can fit in my carry on...

Have a good time Jamie :thumbsup_anim: , don't forget the KK's :w00t:

I can hand them as offerings to the locals! better not, they may think I can walk on water after tasting a vanilla filled for the first time :)

Edited by Crazyhook

jamie-just to be on safe side>

if you check in a rod holder tube make sure you stick an ID sticker on side of tube/the regular string one

sometimes get torn off.

also good idea to put a sticker with the flt no and hotel name /address in cuba on side/

also good idea put ID tags on 2 different places on bags in case handle breaks along with baggage tag .

(if you have ID on bags they can always match your name and flt no..)

Have a good flt!

I stayed at the Krystal resort. See the Sunquest desk and ask for fishing with Orlando. He will take you to a tidal channel for a variety of fish. That is the best spot. Bring some extral tackle to leave as they can't get much there. If fishing on your own, try the rocky point to the right. I saw lots of grunts and cuda.