What do you do when your Spouse is away?

brickNblock

OK..it is the cold of winter and you had nothing planned.

The absence of your spouse was not expected and with her car in the shop...she takes your truck.

I emptied out our shed in the back..and built in some new shelving...primarilary to protect my fishing gear.........originally to locate all my tools and sort of.

Built a stand for my outboard so's I can get at the oil changes that are neccessary.........propped 'er right up on the back deck.

Fed the kids dinner..........an sat down to watch some good WFN..........

Big Prob's here..........Chelley and Courtney come on.....theres no leaf game on and Ive got no beer.not even a ride to get any.

Spoke to the neighbour who owes me a few brewskies......to my surprise he obliged and gave me a dozen.

Charlie Moore is comming on now on the WFN..so Ive something to watch.........what the hey folk, the kids luches are made for school tommorrow and Ive a busy schedule to boot cutting firewood for the heat and finishing off sorting out my tools..tommorrow.

Least the fishing tackle and rods are finally stored nicely.

What would you have done?????????????

1-800-dial-a-brew (we acually have a service here that does this) Uhmmmm steaks in the sink thawing, and a nice read to help me sleep....

With the amount of beer stores Belleville has considering it size... I am surprised there is not one within a block away! LOL

I should add.... Cabbies will deliver beer :)

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

I would party likes its 1999! Kidding. First, I would definately require some brews, or rum. I would plan some adventures with my son during the day, some events indoors during the evening. After he would go to bed, work on a project or watch a movie my wife wouldn't like, and thats action films. Basically.... what yer doing. Sounds like yer on the right track. Man, am I getting old or is that just growing up? :lol: Thankfully, I know how to cook, whew. Enjoy BnB.

Ahahahahah......I remeber that morning Gerritt,,there sure was more beer stores in that town then Ive ever seen before.

Where I am tho....they close at 5pm durring the week...and at 4 on the weekend durring the winter.

I had no vehicle either and it is easily a 1 1/2 hr walk there...did it before for a few wobbly pops.

Besides..had the kids comming home soon.

Exactly what happened is..considering the weather we are supposed to be expecting, I called mine and told her you may as well stay stay at my folks until the roads clear and save on the gas in the process.........

Geeeze...check this out...

I started work with this contractor..........I'm a bricklayer and it is winter..... in Pickering.

He doesnt speak a word of English. I am dead nuts serious..

I must wait to speak to his wife in the evenings to find out the schedule...well ....she is staying up north at her parents and is unavailable to me to find out where the heck these guys now working indoors over this cold spell......worse, cant figure out a way to pick up my pay cheque yet fron last friday due to the language barrior. It would be easy if they were on the same job site.........most wouldnt know.but when your in my trade..most of the time you dont even know who your working for..you just show up everyday and thats that..........

It'll all come full circle eventually...........so will my pension.

Last call from my spouse....she was lazing in the big tub with a bottle of wine and thankful for the silence of my voice and the rattle and raucous of the twins.

My time will come........

Edited by brickNblock

Sounds like you have the 2 days of unexpected freedom totally under control... A project on the go, beer, even it it did belong to the neighbor in the fridge... the kids settled and total control of the remote... what more could you have managed? Well done.

Hey Jen.thanks for your response,,,,,,,,,,,,but............

"Having Control of the Remote'..

Our home is not that large..........yet ...Lemmesseee............We have 2 TV's in the twins bedroom, 1 in ours (Only for old VCR movies)....one in the kitchen for the early morning news and weather and then the BIG GUY in the livg rm. Everything is on Belle ExpressVu for the simple reason.no cable carriers carry WFN, where we are.

OK...So to get WFN..You have to pick a theme pack of assorted others.........dont know if they'r even in english..........

With the satelite your supposed to get one zillion stations.....we dont understand 75% of them so you must order theme packs...........

You want to watch HGTV..( I dont mind that, my wife loves it), you get with it 4 other shows from Australia or something

Same with the kiddos TV's.they want they're kid,s TV thing and much the same.....

Im about ready to throw the whole lot out..........it's ridiculous...

I told the wife straight out...'Have what ever you an the kids want............

I just want to see the news every now an then,,,the Leafs play hockey and WFN.

Give me an early morning mist on the soft water.complete w/ a buddie and a top water hit from a llunge...............thats having it all together.

Edited by brickNblock

I would have done all the dishes, vacummed the house, cleaned all the windows, do all the laundry, dust all the furniture, make all of the beds, and just make sure the house was spotless. This would confuse the hell out of her and she would be wondering what I was up to or if I had company over. Wow that sounds lika alot of work well maybe do half of it so that I still have a roof over my head LOL.

Regards,

Sam

Does your mechanic have a loaner that's available to you? If you bought your vehicles from a local dealer they might be willing to let you "try out" one of their vehicles for a couple of days. Let them know up front that you are without a ride for a day or two and would like to drive a ____________________ to see what it's like. Loaners are available where my vans are serviced and many body shops provide a loaner while they do work on yours. Body shops usually put you in a beater that should have a limited radius.

my wife is up in north bay for 2 weeks. i was planning on going this weekend to see them (go fishing) but the bad weather may prevent me from going up this weekend.

So i think I will hit the bar with the boys saturday!!!! I must admit i do miss her! but i think my stomach misses her more.

that is a diet for yeah, send the wife away for a while, gaurenteed to lose weight.

Cheers!

Lie around in my underwear with a tinfoil hat and go fishing in the aqurium in my front foyer. drink copius amounts of alcohol do snow angels... use the bathroom with the door open...... the possibilities are endless.... maybe even watch discovery channel and wfn for 24 hours....lol

Lie around in my underwear with a tinfoil hat and go fishing in the aqurium in my front foyer. drink copius amounts of alcohol do snow angels... use the bathroom with the door open...... the possibilities are endless.... maybe even watch discovery channel and wfn for 24 hours....lol

LOL :lol: I knew you guys did that when we were not around, lay around in your underwear. :lol: