need a dinner idea....

Potatoes:

3x fist sized potatoes sliced 1/16 thick

1x onion sliced 1/16 thick

1/2 green pepper sliced 1/16 thick

Lay out foil 48" folded in 1/2 so 24" double thick... spray with PAM or smeared with margarine.

Layer your stuff... Potato,, Onion,, Green Pepper,

Spread spices of your choice over potatoes, I use ,pepper,garlic salt and some oregano with bacon bits.

Then smother your potatoes with Ranch or Caesar dressing.

Wrap up in a neat, tightly folded pouch.

Cook on BBQ for 50 minutes on high .. turning them over every 10 minutes. do not puncture the pouch.

I just finished some. along with an AMAZING pork tenderloin.

MMMMMMMM!!! :thumbsup_anim:

RFS

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Bag of frozen hash browns

2 cups grated cheddar

Small container of sour cream

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

1/4 cup melted butter

Bacon bits and chopped onion if you like

(Chopped ham is good too)

Through it all in a casserole dish and bake at 350 for 40 mins.

10 mins before it's ready melt some more grated cheese on top

Ah will you guys stop it my mouth is watering.I have changed my lifestyle.Lost 21.lbs since January at the gym 5 days a week.I miss eating alot like large portions.I really miss my Friday night beer.Oh well I feel great now back to dicipline.You guys enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, I lost 23 lbs since December.. just by switching from Pepsi to Diet Pepsi. No need to exert that effort at the gym !! LOL

Remove gifted pickeral fillets from freezer.. thaw... roll in...

Oh. that's what I'm doing ! LOL

Always the good 'ol on the steaks.. Kraft BBQ sauce and mix in a few table spoons of honey.. coat the steaks and BBQ. Re dip/coat while eating and goes great on the taters as well..

Edited by irishfield

2 cups grated cheddar

1/4 cup melted butter

haha! thats actually the EXACT recipe i was thinkin for the taters!.... well i got potatoes fryin in the pan with random spices and some onion and fresh bacon. the steak i just basted with some hp sauce a few times. i'd take a picture, but i still havent picked any batteries up for the dang thing.

2 cups grated cheddar

1/4 cup melted butter

Yup, cheesy potatoes rock!!!

If you like baked, I like to coat the potatoes with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning (unlikely you have that, get it in the States) or some other creole seasoning and wrap in foil.

For the steak, I am not a fan of marinating good steak, I will give a good salt with coarse sea salt and coat with freshly ground pepper. Press it in. I love pepper!

More importantly, grill them over charcoal for the best flavour.

Inch and a half thick ribeyes are better than sex done this way. I grill them indirect till about rare and then perform a reverse sear to carmelize the outer layer.... heaven :thumbsup_anim:

Burt :)

Yup, cheesy potatoes rock!!!

If you like baked, I like to coat the potatoes with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning (unlikely you have that, get it in the States) or some other creole seasoning and wrap in foil.

For the steak, I am not a fan of marinating good steak, I will give a good salt with coarse sea salt and coat with freshly ground pepper. Press it in. I love pepper!

More importantly, grill them over charcoal for the best flavour.

Inch and a half thick ribeyes are better than sex done this way. I grill them indirect till about rare and then perform a reverse sear to carmelize the outer layer.... heaven thumbsup_anim.gif

Burt smile.gif

you make girlling sound like gymnastics..... or some kinda art form :lol:

Mike, I lost 23 lbs since December.. just by switching from Pepsi to Diet Pepsi. No need to exert that effort at the gym !! LOL

Remove gifted pickeral fillets from freezer.. thaw... roll in...

Oh. that's what I'm doing ! LOL

Always the good 'ol on the steaks.. Kraft BBQ sauce and mix in a few table spoons of honey.. coat the steaks and BBQ. Re dip/coat while eating and goes great on the taters as well..

Ah but Wayne you move alot more than I do in a day at least you work physically moving around your shop.As for me I don't move around much driving 5000 to 6000kms a month.Talking to customers does not burn too many calories not too mention taking customers out too lunch.I also got the wake up call from the Doc.

High cholesterol and borderline high blood pressure.My Dad being in the Hospital also inspired me to get moving.Its alot of work to lose the pounds but it does not take much too take it off.MTP

Ah but Wayne you move alot more than I do in a day at least you work physically moving around your shop.As for me I don't move around much driving 5000 to 6000kms a month.Talking to customers does not burn too many calories not too mention taking customers out too lunch.I also got the wake up call from the Doc.

High cholesterol and borderline high blood pressure.My Dad being in the Hospital also inspired me to get moving.Its alot of work to lose the pounds but it does not take much too take it off.MTP

Do you live in St Hubert, or EAT at St Hubert????

Double baked potatoes:

Take a few large russet potatoes, poke them a few times and cook them in the microwave until more or less done.

Cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides into a mixing bowl, leaving the shell intact.

Mash the scooped potato and mix whatever you like in to the bowl. Our favourites include sour cream, onion, chopped peppers, chopped bacon, ham, porkchop, sausage, whatever leftover meat we might have in the fridge, shredded cheese of course.

Mix it all up and stuff the potato shells (just like devilled eggs) and sprinkle with paprika, parsley, parmesan if you like. Lay them on a shallow pan and bake them on the upper rack while you cook your steaks.

Instead of marinading (unless it's a tough cut), try more with some different rubs on your meat. What I find myself using alot is a mixture of mostly brown sugar, a generous portion of paprika, some steak spice, onion salt, etc. Whisk it all together and rub into your steaks at least an hour before cooking. If you're using a BBQ sauce, wait until the meat is almost done before basting.

2 cups grated cheddar

1/4 cup melted butter

Do much the same, we refer to it a Cheater's Scallopped Potatoes

Same Kg. bag of hash browns, but add 1 can cream of mushroom and a 1 can of cheddar cheese soup,

a bit of milk to desired consistency, often some finely chopped onions, take a vegatable peeler

and shave some old cheddar on top near the end for real cheese flavour, without the sour cream

and butter may have a few less calories per serving, must say Solo's recipe sounds far more decadent

in the flavour area.

Often do the chunks of taters wrapped in tinfoil on the grill, takes about 45 minutes on the warming

rack with the lid slightly ajar. Just chunk taters into bite sized cubes, spread on tin foil and add

salt pepper, chopped onions, peppers, then you can get creative with zuchinni, carrots, parmesan cheese

or anything you can think of that sounds good, top with some olive oil and a springle of dried basil or even a splash of zesty Italian salad dressing for oil, fold up tightly and baked 45-60 minutes on the grill. Oh, we get the cheese powder for Kraft dinner from the bulk store, a few tablespoons of that for a cheesy flavour is good too.

How about Italian roast potatoes.

Scrub potatoes and cut into pieces. (4 pieces for a medium potato)

Place in large tuperware container.

Wet down with olive oil. Season to taste with garlic salt, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning.

Cover and shake.

Dump into large metal cake pan(skins down) & bake in a pre-heated oven until browned.(350 degs. for aprox. 35-40 mins.)

Serve & enjoy.

How about Italian roast potatoes.

Scrub potatoes and cut into pieces. (4 pieces for a medium potato)

Place in large tuperware container.

Wet down with olive oil. Season to taste with garlic salt, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning.

Cover and shake.

Dump into large metal cake pan(skins down) & bake in a pre-heated oven until browned.(350 degs. for aprox. 35-40 mins.)

Serve & enjoy.

hmmm, now that seems like a good idea for tonight, and i even have all the stuff to make it!