Fisherman's worst enemy?

Mykester

The woman that was throwing a stick to her dog about 20 feet from us in our boat this past weeekend. I think she was doing it on purpose because we were fishing out front of her cottage. Oh well she learned her lesson. We decided to switch over to practising for duck season, and pulled out a box of clays and the 12 guages.

JK of course, but the thought did cross minds.

IMO it's either dogs or kids. Stupid dogs be swimming in the waters I be fishin'. Or stupid kids be throwin' rocks because "hurr it splashes." I mean if you're going to be taking your children out for a stroll by the local pond, atleast teach them some basic respect for the people around them (or keep a close eye on them). Kids + dogs = unfishable waters. This only applies to ignorant owners/parents, I've come across awesome dogs and calm children.

What a stupid post...only a disgrunteled insensitive selfserving moron would have issues with kids and dogs......lighten up or go fish elsewhere!!!!!

ITT: A person without any attention span unable to read the whole post.

I read the whole post and basically what you are saying is that as long as they are doing what you think they should be doing and not annoying you, then they are ok.....if not then they are stupid.

I repeat what I said in my first post!!

What a stupid post...only a disgrunteled insensitive selfserving moron would have issues with kids and dogs.

You did read it wrong Musky. There is no need to be calling people a moron or any other names either.

YES! WORK! The biggest enemy by far...followed by a lack of money. :w00t:

You have been hanging around the scotish Rhomo too much. :-)

No but you Rhomosaurus Now have A Friend

My life was peaceful ..........................till you started it

Its not fish heads you should eat but fish brains hahahahahahaha

Matt

"This only applies to ignorant owners/parents, I've come across awesome dogs and calm children"

Not everyone teach respect of others and thats what he was saying

Consideration for others goes a long way

No but you Rhomosaurus Now have A Friend

My life was peaceful ..........................till you started it

Its not fish heads you should eat but fish brains hahahahahahaha

peaceful? you must mean boring.. ?

We are all a form of prehistoric animal or another.. Rhomosaurus, snorpehasorus, fatassorus, etc!

mmmmmm fish brains!

Fisherman's worst enemy?

Rice Lake Tourists Association. :whistling:

Ron, your like a jilted Rice lake lover. :stretcher:

Biggest enemy....cash$$$. With enough cash you could just buy the whole lake and if that lake was Scugog you could drain the thing and start farming there again.

Growing up and becoming a family man. It's simply my little girls, can't help but want to spent as much time as I can with them, even if it's just watching Max and Ruby or catching crappie. Can't wait til they get aliitle older though to really show them the angling ropes!

BUGS and more BUgs , nothing worse that BLACK FLIES , skiders i can stand (lots of deet) but those little black buggers are hell on earth ... probably the only thing ever comes between me and fishing ..rain wind etc. I will find a way around (even angry wife)but something so tiny yet so bothersome .. BLACK FLIES

IMO it's either dogs or kids. Stupid dogs be swimming in the waters I be fishin'. Or stupid kids be throwin' rocks because "hurr it splashes." I mean if you're going to be taking your children out for a stroll by the local pond, atleast teach them some basic respect for the people around them (or keep a close eye on them). Kids + dogs = unfishable waters. This only applies to ignorant owners/parents, I've come across awesome dogs and calm children.

It sounds like your frustration comes from fishing in a park. But that kind of a place is for everybody, so you need to get further afield.

Besides, if it's easy to get at it's probably fished too much anyway. Look for spots where you have to work to get at the water. Then you'll be fishing less-fished waters, and the dogs and kiddies will leave you alone. :mellow:

It sounds like your frustration comes from fishing in a park. But that kind of a place is for everybody, so you need to get further afield.

Besides, if it's easy to get at it's probably fished too much anyway. Look for spots where you have to work to get at the water. Then you'll be fishing less-fished waters, and the dogs and kiddies will leave you alone. :mellow:

Yep, the problem is I don't have my G license, or a car. For now I generally fish at a local pond, it's nice but annoying when a random kids runs out of no where and throws a rock where you're fishing at. Luckily in the summer we spend a lot of time at Provincial Parks, and many of the areas don't have many people, plus we own a boat.