First Steel on the Pin

laszlo

It all started off a little rough.

First, the Wallis cast wasn't getting my bait far enough to reach

the right spot in the run. Next, my reel looks like a rocker chicks bangs from the 80's :/

Fixed that problem realizing I need to pay more attention to the reel during the cast. I ended up putting

a micro swivel above my float and resorted to the side cast. (thanks for the tip BillM, worked out great)

A couple floats later and...

dsc00512l.jpg

It was the only fish I landed this morning as the session ended going 1/4. One may have been a sucker by the way it faught and I did lose one big fish. Some adjustments are needed for sure.

eg: Don't grab the handles right after the hook set. Spinning reels have me accustomed to this.

My other catch for the day was a massive...

dsc00519m.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Till next time.

Right on Lazlo!

Good stuff. Ive been at the Pinning for a few years now and thats still a better day then I have sometimes. I think I was skunked about my first 4 or 5 trips out so you are well ahead of the curve.

God job and congrats.

good on you man i am in the same boat as you.started last fall steel heading. finally got my pin together and last sunday was the first time out with it.got skunked but not a bad day overall. workin on my wallis cast as well and like you not getting the distance i wanted...and btw i have swivels on but below the float though....

congrats again

good on you man i am in the same boat as you.started last fall steel heading. finally got my pin together and last sunday was the first time out with it.got skunked but not a bad day overall. workin on my wallis cast as well and like you not getting the distance i wanted...and btw i have swivels on but below the float though....

congrats again

Thanks.

That wallis cast is tough. I have to keep at it.

I have one swivel above the float and another below between my mono and flouro leader.