Rapala (Normark) service praise!

Fisherpete

Last friday I headed down to the Toronto Islands to try casting for some spring pikeys... well, the only thing I caught was a nice tan, and while setting the hook on a nice stick (lol at myself, spring jitters), broke off the top 6 inches of my Rapala TS2 jerkbait rod. It is less than a year old, so I sent Rapala/Normark an email, which got a quick response to send in the rod and they will take care of it.

I was going to mail it in to them, but was off from work today, so decided to make the short 30 minute drive to Normark in Oshawa and drop it off in person. I walked in, asked for Mary in service... and out she comes, takes the rod, and hands me a brand new one.

Now that, my friends, makes me one happy man. No waiting, no shipping costs, just smiles and a free replacement. :thumbsup_anim:

that is great news.

with service like that i might switch to there rods now.

now why dont you send this link off to mary and her boss to show them what kind of free advertising they just got from her great customer service.

maybe they will realize that you just told over 7,000 members about them.

... and out she comes, takes the rod, and hands me a brand new one.

Yah, but she probably took her time though eh? Kind of sashayed out slowly with a "I'm better than him and I was on my way out to the coffee truck anyway" kind of attitude, eh?

Mary!!! humph! who needs her!?!

That's how I read it, anyway.

Jim

Yah, but she probably took her time though eh? Kind of sashayed out slowly with a "I'm better than him and I was on my way out to the coffee truck anyway" kind of attitude, eh?

Jim

Was that sarcasm? Either way, that is some good customer service IMO, that is how I read it.

Jim

Funny stuff.

Good on Rapala. St Croix did that for me twice. Was going to mail it to them but the Kingswood in Guelph shipped it off for me and had a new rod back in my hands in a couple of weeks. They did that for me twice. Shimano is tip top as well.

Now all we need is Lowrance back in the good customer service business and the industry is all set. :-)

I took a Jointed Firetiger Rapala that the belly treble had rusted a bit on, out there and asked the fellow at the service counter if he could replace the treble. He took a look at it, went into the back, and about a minute later, came back and laid down a brand new one, saying "Those hooks NEVER should have rusted . . . have a nice day!" The old one was about 3 years old, and was kinda scratched up . . . GREA A A A T service!!

I took a Jointed Firetiger Rapala that the belly treble had rusted a bit on, out there and asked the fellow at the service counter if he could replace the treble. He took a look at it, went into the back, and about a minute later, came back and laid down a brand new one, saying "Those hooks NEVER should have rusted . . . have a nice day!" The old one was about 3 years old, and was kinda scratched up . . . GREA A A A T service!!

I don't know about anybody else, but I find that font difficult to read easily. :unsure:

I found an older Penn level wind reel at my parents cottage when they bought it. It was missing the nut opposite the reel handle which held the handle in. After a bit of investigating I was directed to Normark. I called service, told the guy I talked to what I had found, and what was missing. He asked for my name and address, and a week later I received a package with two of the nuts in it, free of charge.

Just thought I would try something - hope it works

Photoz"s post:

Edited by Tracker

I GIVE UP!! The 'new' board is slower than the second coming, and won't allow me to edit my original post to make it readable!

Steve... I find most times that I have to click the edit icon at least twice to get it to load the post so that you can edit it.