Welcome Rob Brunner!

bigfish1965

That's funny I had no idea who he was,( I will give myself a history lesson on your stats ) when he responded to a few post saying he's been casting for muskies for 75 years, I was like what ? :o unbelievable, I was thinking to myself how old is this guy. :thumbsup_anim: It's great to see you still love the sport after so manny years Rob, congrats.

Edited by GbayGiant

Thanks for the welcome fellows. I have been fishing Lake St Clair since one Sunday in June of 1929. I have been guiding casting for Muskie for years and still do. I'm booking for this year. I have the next 3 weekends of shows to do. As posted elsewhere BPS this next week and Then Lansing followed by Grand Rapids. I'm doing seminars in Lansing and Grand Rapids. Do any of you have a copy of my book "Casting Anchor Bay" ? or Fishing LAke St Clair? Collector items by the way. This is a great lake we have here. I know some of you fellows. That line up of famous Generals was because of WWII of course. So was Betty Grable and Hedy Lamar along with Ester Williams. I almost became a Canadian back in 1958. I was up at Elliot Lake helping to build the town. If you get a chance come on over to BPS this Saturday or Sunday and say Hi. Good Fishing. Bob

P.S. By the way I caught my first Muskie in 1931 RGB

Gbaygiant. You take me fishing and I'll take you. LOL Bob

Hey Bob, any time youngster. :D I'm just a young pup at 26 years old, but if your ever thinking of taking another trip to fish Georgian Bay, we could go out and you could show me your tricks, I'm in between the Moon river and French river, it's a trophy stretch of water for muskie but like I said before the numbers are hard to come by maybe with your expertise we could find a couple. :Gonefishing:

Thank You Sonny. I want to fish Clair for 100 years and this is # 78, only 22 more to go. It should be easy. I have 4 stents in my heart so it should pump for that long. Also if the old saying is true that the big guy gives you an extra day for ever day you fish I have it wrapped up for sure. Good Fishing . Bob

I know Gbaygiant. But God they are big. Bob

Here are a couple of shots of Homers basement. Homer and Capt. Hank Bradley and I were fishing on Captain Don Millers boat in July of 1990 6 days before Homers 89th Birtday. We were taping a show for the Master Angler Show. (Oakland County Cable) Hank - Homer - I that day had combined 181 years of fishing Lake St Clair. Homer and I both put fish in the boat. Then we quit taping and told Hank he didn't have enough time on the water to rate being on the Show. He only had 58 years. LOL

2ofHomersBasement.gif

Then we quit taping and told Hank he didn't have enough time on the water to rate being on the Show. He only had 58 years. LOL

What a rookie. :lol: lol.

Bob, Just wondering the story behind Homers SWIM WHIZZ lures ? how did the Believer and Swim Whiz end up almost identical. They are both in my tackle box and I like them both, but I've always wondered why they are so similar and what one was around first ? and if they use to be made from wood ? (I think a wood one would be amazing ) what do you think ?

Edited by GbayGiant

The believer is a copy (Really a steal) of the Swimm Whizz. The first Whizzs were made of wood. I liked the straight Whizz mush more than the straight Believer but I caught more fish on the jointed Believer than on the Swimm Whizz. I used to have a wooden one hanging around the house. I'll see if I can find it and Post it here.

Welcome Bob to OFC

Homer Leblanc,now there's the teacher of all teachers ,might have very well been one of the few that did not tell tall tales of WR fish that is :)

Still have his book,a disciple of the method

If he were still around,I'd tell him "Keep your feet off the varnish"

If you see Don,say Hi for me

Tell him ,I am getting older but I still eats me pie

Neat shot there

marc

Nice to have your knowledge and experience here. :clapping:

I never fished Lake St Clair but remember an article in Field and Stream or another outdoors mag back in the 60's or early 70's of guys chasing a reported 7 fter there. As a young lad I sure was wide-eyed about that story! Mind saying what's the biggest you've seen/tangled with in St Clair? Do you fish other lakes here in Ontario?

The biggest fish I have caught in St Clair was a 136 pound Sturgeon. The biggest Muskie I saw last year in the North Channel was nearly 60 inches. Had a client 2 years ago nailed a 57 inch fish on one of my Brunner Runner's. I caught one way back in 1947 that weighed 48.10. With the White Fish that came back to the lake last year we will have world class fish in the matter of no more than 5 years. A 46 1/2 inch fish was caught last year that weighed 36 1/2 pounds. That was a fat fish. A fellow caught a fish in November that was only 45 inches and it scaled at 31 pounds on the digital scale. It really was fat. Good Fishing. Bob

P.S. I know you want to know what lures they caught them on. LOL

Edited by Robert Brunner Sr