ATV Trails NF

livinisfishin

I am trying to figure out where i would be able to ride an atv when i decide to get one. I have never researched the trail systems befroe and am finding it really hard to get any relevant information to where i could ride. I am looking to travel between midland, penetang, orr lake and really anywhere around and inbetween these places. I was told by a sales man at jack and jills that you can ride on the snowmobile trails and after reading the OFATV websites faq section is says that you can not. As for the simcoe county forests it says you can only ride on the trails that are designated for atv use. If anyone from around the area could help me figure out possible routes to take or even just a godo understanding of where i can ride would be greatly appreciated!

West of rice lake, about 10 mins north of the 401. Kinda between newcastle and port hope, but 10 mins north. A 1 year membership is $100. You can ride all day long in there, and not travel the same trail twice.

Its run by Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority. Call the forest center for more info, or check out thier website.

www.grca.on.ca

Ganaraska Forest Center: 905-797-2721

Trails open may 1st, and stay open until Dec. 15, unless snomobile trials open before then.

S.

There are a ton of trails around lake st. peter and bancroft (not sure how far that is for you). I think you may require a permit for bancroft but lake st. peter is all crown land. i go up there a few times a year and ride 7 - 8 hours per day without using the same trails. My understanding is you can only ride the snowmobile trails that are on crown land. If youy want more specific info, IM me.

The Ganaraska forest has 11,000 acres of forest with motorized use after May 1st.

I don't know about your area, but there aren't many places left where you can "legally" ride ATV's, in southern Ont.

s.

Yep, used to ride there a lot.

There's some good riding down by Fort Erie too.

The Ganaraska forest has 11,000 acres of forest with motorized use after May 1st.

I don't know about your area, but there aren't many places left where you can "legally" ride ATV's, in southern Ont.

s.

lol tell me about it. they recently paved an old rail bed that people on atv's and dirtbikes have been using for years. once its paved we arent suppose to ride on the trail anymore even though its outside city limits :rolleyes:

ive been stopped by police 3 times now and every time they have threatened me with towing my quad, no insurance (even though i do have it?), and trespassing. unfortunately for those cops, i'm not an idiot when it comes to what we can do and where we can ride so all 3 times have been a waste of our time and theirs.

whatever you do PLEASE stay out of planted fields, stay off peoples cut grass, and dont drive like an idiot around houses/people. its these people that ruin it for others and make it much harder for people like me who go around asking permission before riding. kinda like a bad hunter putting a bad taste in a landowners mouth and they deny entry to everyone after wards.

Edited by ch312

whatever you do PLEASE stay out of planted fields, stay off peoples cut grass, and dont drive like an idiot around houses/people. its these people that ruin it for others and make it much harder for people like me who go around asking permission before riding. kinda like a bad hunter putting a bad taste in a landowners mouth and they deny entry to everyone after wards.

Well said, ;) want to ride like an idiot, do it on your own lawn.