NF: Bush's Beans

tonka-toy

Franks, Wieners or Hot Dogs all the same but none can hold a candle to the BEST BUFFALO has to offer.......Sahlen's Hot Dogs....once you have this hot dog all the rest are just dogs. MANY folks that move away from here have friends and relatives send them to Sahlen's for the summer.

Ill take an oscar meyer over a sahlens any day of the week. I like them boiled over grilled as well.

For store-bought beans, Clark's Pork and Beans ARE the Cadillac of beans! You need look no further.

If you can't get those (they can be hard to find at times around here) then Metro "Selection" Pork and Beans make an admirable substitute.

I've had Bush's beans. They're just OK.

if you're a bean lover, this recipe is guaranteed to knock your socks off...

Bean Bake

1 lb hamburger

1 1/2 c onion - diced

1 tbsp oil

1 can kidney beans - drained

1 can “bean medley” (mixed beans) - drained

1 can pork and beans (Clark’s preferred)

½ c hickory BBQ sauce (Walmart “Original Bold” is good)

2 tsp prepared mustard

¼ c brown sugar

1 tbsp vinegar

¼ tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

In a large cooking pot, heat oil, then scramble fry hamburger and onion until onion is soft and hamburger is no longer pink. Drain.

Add all beans.

Mix mustard, brown sugar, bbq sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper in a measuring cup, then stir into bean mixture.

Turn the entire mixture into a casserole with cover, or a small covered roast pan.

Bake in a 350* oven for 1 hour.

You can stretch this recipe a bit by adding 2 cans of pork and beans instead of 1. Still just as good.

For store-bought beans, Clark's Pork and Beans ARE the Cadillac of beans! You need look no further.

If you can't get those (they can be hard to find at times around here) then Metro "Selection" Pork and Beans make an admirable substitute.

I've had Bush's beans. They're just OK.

Heresy! Clark's don't hold a candle to Bush's!

What, are your taste buds dead man? :lol:

Heresy! Clark's don't hold a candle to Bush's!

What, are your taste buds dead man? :lol:

Ah, the old level-wind vs. spinning conundrum. :D

At an evening camp-fire, after a few bottles of beer, they would both taste heavenly. ;) Especially with some fire-roasted wienies chopped in, and buttered bread!

Ah, the old level-wind vs. spinning conundrum. :D

At an evening camp-fire, after a few bottles of beer, they would both taste heavenly. ;) Especially with some fire-roasted wienies chopped in, and buttered bread!

That's why woodsmoke was invented - to cover the smell of beer & beans.

JF

That's why woodsmoke was invented - to cover the smell of beer & beans.

Unless you're a blessed with the olfactory numbness of a Ralph Cramden, it's in the tent afterwards when you really suffer the effects.

:D

When on shopping trips to Buffalo with the family, one stop I always make is inot the Topps right beside Gander Mountain. Bush Beans are sooooo gooood!!! Eat em cold right out of the can!

Still have 2 cans sitting on my shelf at home but will look for them a wallyland.

Sir: you need help ASAP.....have you ever seeked or considered consulling.... :D

Ya i know.........i get funny looks all the time when i go to Teds and ask if they have any oscar meyers LOL

Ill take a johnsonville beer brat or cheddar brat over any hot dog as well

Any more word on those Bush's beans at Canadian Walmarts?

I wouldn't mind giving them a try again.

I just got back from Walmart at eglington and Warden. They had a display at the front of the store,2/$2.The cans are smaller (388ml)than the ones I get from the states but will do just fine. The ladie who pointed me in the right direction said she doesn't think they will be carrying them normally ,just from time to time.