A few days in Ottawa

lew

Great pics Lew. Glad you had a good time. Both Ottawa and Kingston rank right up there in Canada's really great historical cities.

Hey Roy, how about Quebec City?

I've only passed through but I did have some quick glimpses of some nice architecture. Old Montreal is nice to look at too with the cobblestones and horse drawn carriages but you're right about Kingston and Ottawa.

-Brian

Nice weekend Lew, I forgot how beautiful Ottawa is. They definitely don't make buildings like the parliament, the insides even better, makes you wonder were all the tax money goes though I can only imagine their offices with marble floors, flat-screen T.V.'s and mini bars. :D

Glad to see you had a good trip Lew. Good pictures. Ottawa is a great city . Clean compared to others and for some reason easy to get around in. It seems to be on a slower pace. Been there many times. Ten years ago took my scout troop and did a tour of several places. We camped for the night at the aircraft museum(I bunked under a Hawker Hurricane). Lots of things to see and do and look forward to my next trip there.

Ottawa is a great city . Clean compared to others

Ten years ago took my scout troop and did a tour of several places.

The cleanliness of the streets was the 1st thing I noticed about Ottawa, specially comparing them with the streets here in Toronto. Seems like the folks take alot more pride in their home than those that live here, unfortunately.

The Boy Scouts also had something going on this weekend at Parlaiment Hill...... Lots of Scout flags and banners being erected on the front lawn but I never had a chance to find out what it was.

One of my favorite Cities on earth. Tulip festival rocks when the dutch flood Ottawa with flowers as a thank you for WW2. My Blood runs rich with Canadian pride whenever I am in the nations Capitol. I lived there for a few years as well, loved it. Shopping in the By-ward market, fighter planes over parliament hill on remembrance day. I miss Ottawa, thanks for the trip.