3 years today !

camillj

WOW ...It was exactly three years ago today when me and the weedman parted friends ... cant believe it ... just yesterday I ditched the 10 packs of Players I had sitting on top of my stove as a reminder ... I do believe I am over the hump ...

but dont kid yourself ... I'll always be a smoker ... just not actively practicing ... and for any of you thinking about it but afraid to try ... I NEVER believed I'd be able to kick the habit ... go ahead ... you won't be sorry !

Ahh, this is great timing. I will tell you why I find this really interesting.

I remember that specific time you quit. Congrats to your success. I know how hard it is.

About the timing. This is no stretch of the truth.

Today, after 20 years of smoking, is my 3rd day of not smoking, after 3 years when you quit.

It's been a very difficult 3 days. It's hard to concentrate to do even the smallest task. This was not planned. I had to do this for health reasons. So it was an immediate response, and I can never smoke again.

I am anxiously expecting my SmokeStik to arrive in the mail tomorrow (crossing my fingers). It's a cigarette simulation, that utilizes nicotine cartridges (yes I was able to order them into the country) that replicates the inhale/exhale behaviour with a dense vapor. Great. Something else to defer my addiction to.

Anyway, congrats to your 3 years! It's totally worth it!

Ahh, this is great timing. I will tell you why I find this really interesting.

I remember that specific time you quit. Congrats to your success. I know how hard it is.

About the timing. This is no stretch of the truth.

Today, after 20 years of smoking, is my 3rd day of not smoking, after 3 years when you quit.

It's been a very difficult 3 days. It's hard to concentrate to do even the smallest task. This was not planned. I had to do this for health reasons. So it was an immediate response, and I can never smoke again.

I am anxiously expecting my SmokeStik to arrive in the mail tomorrow (crossing my fingers). It's a cigarette simulation, that utilizes nicotine cartridges (yes I was able to order them into the country) that replicates the inhale/exhale behaviour with a dense vapor. Great. Something else to defer my addiction to.

Anyway, congrats to your 3 years! It's totally worth it!

Well good for you bud .. stick with it .. my little secret that got me through the first few weeks is that I convinced myself it would HURT as much as a broken leg and that the pain would last 6 to 10 weeks with a broken leg but much less for smoke-ending ... and so ... every time I felt the 'pain' I would ask myself if this was as painful as a broken leg would be... and the answer was no - not even close ... which made me feel like a wimp for even considering lighting the next butt ... and after a few weeks it stopped being so hard ... I still get the cravings once in a while .... and I mostly miss the 'fresh air' breaks from people who I used to be able to duck by going out for a smoke .. so now I just go out anyways and take a few deep breaths ... and remember that I never actually had to feel that pain of that broken leg which I had associated with quiting .. sounds corny .. but it worked for me....

Good luck on yours !!!

Congrats on the milestone :)

I am going to give it another try soon....

I may have to put myself on ModQ when I do.

I tried the patch the first time. Just gave me nasty skin burns and insane dreams. The second time I was using some drug...can't recall the name, but it took away the cravings for a cigarette, but replaced them with cravings to choke everyone within five feet of me.

I was actually hoping I would get a really nasty cold this winter...I can't smoke when my lungs are congested. I was going to use that as my starting point. Got all the other damm viruses going around except the cold!

Definitely my hats off to all of you who have butted out for good.

It takes a lot of sacrifice and commitment to kick a habit, or an addiction. No matter what your addicted to, or the habit you are trying to break, it's often a long journey and each day becomes a difficult obstacle to overcome. I'm sure that many of us associate smoking with fishing. They go hand in hand. I'm so eager to fight off my impulses that I am canceling my weekend fishing trip to Joseph tomorrow. I have been looking forward to that trip all year, and was so excited to go. I just can't do it. Fishing has become an obsession, almost over passion. It's a huge decision. It's like a child forgetting his skates to participate in the greatest Disney On Ice show ever. It's sad, but this is how it has to be. This is how it is. I understand what it takes. We are all different, and manage our own methods to quit, but at the end of the day, it's just as hard for each and every one of us. That's why I respect each and every one of you.

I quit 5 years ago last month, and it was the best thing that I ever did.

Tried the patch, the gum, zyban, eberything under the sun and I ended up having sucess 'cold turkey'. I had a smoke one morning, put it out half way through, gave the rest of my pack to my GF and that was that.

I still enjoy the odd cigar, but haven't had a ciggy since that February morning!

For those that still smoke and want to quit, "YOU CAN"!!! It is all about your mindset.

Darcy

It is tough to do, but, so worth it. It has now been 1 1/2 years for me...cold turkey, last cigarette was had in the Canada's Wonderland parking lot. The first 48 hours are brutal. To Rick O and any others thinking about it...just think of all the extra fishing tackle you can buy with that money!!!!

Congrats to the members who have kicked the habit.

For me it has been 26 days since my LAST cig, Champix is my crutch this time and is working wonders.

For me it was 4 yaers ago Jan 1. My wife who was a big smoker quit last Aug. using Champix and she hasn't had 1 craving at all and now feels exactly I do about Cigarette smoke. It's got to be the nastiest smell around.

After 2 years I had enough for a good part of the asking price of a Princecraft 165SC

Edited by wallyboss

Meh, I don't have any respect for anyone who has "quit" because it was their fault for starting it in the first place.

Welcome aboard ... I've managed this long without your respect ... so I'll probably be alright ... but thanks for your insightful addition to the discussion ... nice handle btw ... oh and you-can-kiss-my-keester ... :thumbsup_anim: