Navionics Charts now on iPhone!

Aaron Shirley

What kind of cell phone do you have?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of cell phone do you have?

• I have an iPhone
    • I have a Blackberry
    • I have another smartphone
    • I have a cell phone, but it's not smart

thanks Greg

cheers

Rich

(the navionics web site says the Great Lakes one covers the Trent Severn? hope Im not getting confused..but it wouldnt take much lol

That's what got me as well. Wondering if there is a difference in quality of maps between them.

I recently downloaded the android app "great Lakes' and love it! It covers a ton of lakes from east to west including Ottawa River, Georgian Bay, Lake Simcoe, tons more and quite a few in northern NY State.It doesnt quite go up to Lake Muskoka but still awesome...

It shows the depths of the lakes, shoals, distances and a lot more..perfect for us boaters without a gps/sonar unit right now..cheaper too!

It will use a lot of your battery and data plan..just fyi (data plan outside your home, inside you should be able to use your wireless router)..but the battery will go down if you are on it all day!

enjoy

You should see what it looks like on an iPAD. Wow. Big, bright screen. Finger touch. Fast redraw. Works better than my $2500 Raymarine chartplotter. The app is 19.99 for the iPAD. The same chart alone for my Raymarine was $299 when I bought it.

I have the Canadian Lakes version for my Ipod Touch. In terms of Ontario lakes, it has Simcoe, the bigger Kawartha Lakes, Rideau Canal, numerous Haliburton area lakes, limited Great Lakes data (eg. Eastern Lake Ontario and Parry Sound) and then a smattering of others. Can't go wrong for $10, even though the GPS function doesn't work. Still nice for planning trips and it does get you in the ballpark. I figure they can only add more data in the future and if I ever buy an Iphone, I'm set.

Jon

we downloaded it over the weekend on QUinte... for some reason it only shows Meters for all of quinte eventhough the setting is set to FEET..... It does work well other than that Glitch

Yes it is a glich..just don't forget to multiply by 3, lol.

Navionics is currently working on a fix to this, which should be out in the next few weeks.

• 5 weeks later...

Looking at a map for my Ipad.

Can anyone tell me what kind of detail is on Sparrow Lake? It's not listed as one of the lakes, but I've seen somme maps from Navionics which show Sparrow Lake detail. Sparrow Lake is the next lake north of Couch.

I have the Great Lakes version of Navionics, and it includes sparrow lake and in terms of detail, it is about the same as any of the other lakes on this map.

I don't guarantee that the Canada version will have it.

My maps cover to just before Six Mile and there's pretty much none of the Muskoka lake maps in there

I have the Great Lakes version of Navionics, and it includes sparrow lake and in terms of detail, it is about the same as any of the other lakes on this map.

I don't guarantee that the Canada version will have it.

My maps cover to just before Six Mile and there's pretty much none of the Muskoka lake maps in there

is this the $35 ipad app on navionics?

• 11 months later...