post your homemade lures that are for sale

aplumma

Cheaptackle,

I'm thinking the exact thing! These fine examples of craftsmanship are way too cool to actually use and risk loosing to some 16" Northern snot rocket! LOL

I would prefer to keep them safe to enjoy looking at such as Leechman and Roy have done!

Nice looking work there everyone! The attention to detail is amazing!

Great thread idea Art.

Spiel - I have never seen a more realistic bait in my life - those are almost too beautiful to actually use! Not yet a fly fisherman (it's on my bucket list) but I think I'd spend more time admiring those than using them if I had them.

Michael

Thanks Michael, very kind.

Don't stall to long on fulfilling that bucket list.

Fly Fishing is exciting and yet also frustrating at times but don't let that deter you. :)

Thanks Michael, very kind.

Don't stall to long on fulfilling that bucket list.

Fly Fishing is exciting and yet also frustrating at times but don't let that deter you. :)

It's something I'm planning on doing this summer.

In regards to those terrific patterns you posted, are you selling any?

Do have other picture of flies you've tied.

I'm starting to suspect that I'm actually a fly fisherman at heart (do use them with the centerpin though).

Edited by Great Lake Steel

Chris, any suggestions on what the Grey/Bruce brookies and brownies like? :) I'll be putting in a lot of time on that water this year (I hope)

While I've never fished the creeks up that way for Brookies and Browns Bill I'm sure you can't go wrong with Stoneflies, Caddis nymphs and Mayfly nymphs. One of my faves for small creeks is actually nothing more than red squirrel hair tied on a small lead head jig hook. It easily probes into log jams and undercut banks far more effectively than tradional flies. It can represent anything from caddis larva, minnow fry and even small crayfish.

It's something I'm planning on doing this summer.

In regards to those terrific patterns you posted, are you selling any?

Do have other picture of flies you've tied.

I'm starting to suspect that I'm actually a fly fisherman at heart (do use them with the centerpin though).

I've only recently gotten back into fly tying and have a few threads showing some pictures.

You can see them here.....

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...c=40140&hl=

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...c=39716&hl=

And yes the flies I've been tying lately are bead heads tied on jig hooks specifically for use with the float rod.

But I'm sorry to say at this time I'm not selling any, I'm now busy building rods and truth is they pay better. :D

Here is a lure I made a little bit ago but haven't water tested it. It might just spin in circles if so it will go back on the console of the big boat.

PICT0042.jpg

What? That's nothing more than a Mann's Little George with different eyes! :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by solopaddler

Yep I saw right through it, you're a hack! :angry:

Does this mean we arn't brothers any more?

That makes me alittle sad. I guess I will be accepting applications for a new brother/ sister since I am an equal opportunity family.

Art

Spiel those stonefly immitations are insane, I have seen a lot fo the real thing and those are just incredible. What in the heck did you use for the legs? Do you sell these things? I would drift these suckers under a float for sure.

And about the suick copy. Nice job man. It is one of the most copied muskie baits and for good reason, they work. How hard is your finish? sounds like it would stand up better than what is on the real deal. Gotta love sustom one off colours too. I woudl also liek to add. What if it was just a repainted suick, but it was some kid you did it and was really proud of it... Nice....Use your head.

And there is something to be said for custom paint jobs. Some muskie lures work so well (suick is a perfect example) the paint gets chewed right off of them and it takes talent to repaint them properly and effectively. Custom painted muskie baits I have seen recently like nimmer swimmers, harbour masters and hose baist can go from anywhere from $50 to $150. I don't have the talent or the paitence to create these babies like you do, keep up the good work.

Spiel those stonefly immitations are insane, I have seen a lot fo the real thing and those are just incredible. What in the heck did you use for the legs? Do you sell these things? I would drift these suckers under a float for sure.

Thank you. :)

I constucted the legs from Swiss Straw, first tearing it into thin strips then knotting each one and then dipping them into fly head cement. Tedious to say the least.

Sorry I'm not currently selling any but perhaps in the future when time allows me to make them.

I can promise you though that they'll be under my float this spring. :D

I am also an owner of Art's lures. The JAILBIRD has been an exellent bait, really enjoyed it Bud!

HPIM2598.jpg

It's great to see you are still active in making these beauts!

I'll be changing the hooks up about May ready for the season to come...

BTW..they both have EYES painted on...NOT OVER ...lmao

-peter

Chris...As others have said...Them flies are incredible Bud..but what else would one expect from your talented self.

Leechman...I've been following your lure making from the start..nice progression to witness and now..Now you've brought them to another level, As well you've got an eye for the colour too!

-peter

Man there sure are some beautiful creations on here! I wish I had the tallent to even come close to some of the ones I've seen. One guy that hasn't posted is bigugli. I know he makes a lot of jigs and I'd realy like to see some of them posted.

How about it Bruce, care to post a few? I'm going to need some new jigs for this summer and if anyone makes something similar to a reef runner I'd be very interested. Fire tiger pattern deep diver. Really glad you started this thread Art, I have some beautiful buck tails, harnises, and jigs that were made for me by friends from this board.

I cherish each and every one of them but I must confess that most of them have not caught fish for me. (I guess if I ever put them in the water they might have a chance but I am too afraid I might loose one of them).

Oh and Art, if you are accepting applications for a new brother; that $100.00 bill I've stapeled to mine wasn't meant as a bribe or anything :angel:

Oh and Art, if you are accepting applications for a new brother; that $100.00 bill I've stapeled to mine wasn't meant as a bribe or anything :angel:

of course it wasnt Big Cliff....cuz it was 100 bux in canadian denomination and he doesnt have a canadian tire anywhere near to spend it ( puts pinky finger to the corner of my mouth ...looks straight into the camera and says "or does he ")