Fishing for Tyler Report

ccmtcanada

Well...we had an awesome time out on Lake Simcoe today for the Fishing for Tyler event! Bly and I brought our 4 year old daughter, Sydney, with us on this day. We arrived at around 11am and headed straight out on the ice to meet up with Joey and Tybo...and a bunch of other OFNers. The wind had died down at this point and it was quite comfortable out on the ice.

Here are some pics from the ice...

Bly watching over our setups

gallery_60_23_66357.jpg

Here's the captain of team 9...Patb

med_gallery_60_23_11831.jpg

Gerritt...thanks for the venison and other goodies!!! No matter what everyone else on the board says...you're a nice guy....LOL

gallery_60_23_9389.jpg

Tybo...lost in thought. He complained he never caught anything here before. He also let me know that he'll catch all the big game fish for the tourney for our team (6). I have to catch a carp apparently...LOL.

gallery_60_23_13978.jpg

Concentrating on catching some fish!!! Fishnsled and Headhunter.

gallery_60_23_20191.jpg

My daughter, Sydney, and Joey having a nice chat and staying warm in the Clam.

gallery_60_23_64076.jpg

Sydney playing with the worms!!!

gallery_60_23_30090.jpg

At 1pm, we headed in for some grub and to meet up with other OFNers.

Here's a shot of the area...with lots of hungry ice anglers!

gallery_60_23_61652.jpg

The awesome cooks!! Thanks a bunch!! BigCliff and Loonietoon

gallery_60_23_2439.jpg

Here's MrJr taking a break from the cooking station.

gallery_60_23_66084.jpg

After eating, we had the pleasure of talking with lots of members on the board. Here are few shots....

Tonyb, Carp and Joey

gallery_60_23_28222.jpg

Motv8tr, Big Chevy and Ladywalleye

gallery_60_23_68229.jpg

And here's Irishfield...

gallery_60_23_64548.jpg

After the prizes for the event were handed out, there were LOTS of draws. I think everyone took something home! Here's what we won...

gallery_60_23_7496.jpg

There were lots of others we met out there today...Clampett, Pikeie, Beans, Terry, DMasse, BPS Bassman, Tracker, and lots of others that I know I've forgotten. Sorry if I didn't mention you by name....but you know who you are...LOL. Also had a quick chat with Tyler and his mom. They thanked me for coming...but I thanked her...because we had an awesome time out there.

We just wanted to say thanks Motv8tr and everyone who volunteered at this great event. We had a great day and got to meet lots of great people.

Cliff, Bly and Sydney.... It was awesome to finally meet you and your wife... wow you are awesome people! Just what I would expect from OFC'rs! I would be honoured to have the both of you in my boat come june... and yes I promise just Iced Green tea for me when were out :D

I hope the both of you enjoy the venison!

Gerritt.

I'm glad you guys made it out there Cliff and Carol. And your daughter is just a sweetie. She is welcome in my hut anytime. Can you please tell me what her fav candies are (the white ones). I tried to guess but couldn't come up with the right name and she couldn't remember :lol: But they're the white ones in the blue package.

Cheers,

Joey

I'm glad you guys made it out there Cliff and Carol. And your daughter is just a sweetie. She is welcome in my hut anytime. Can you please tell me what her fav candies are (the white ones). I tried to guess but couldn't come up with the right name and she couldn't remember :lol: But they're the white ones in the blue package.

Cheers,

Joey

LOL...they are Mentos...she cant get enough of them.

You know Cliff, I guessed mentos and she said "I don't know" and i said are they the ones that come in a tube like package, and she asked "whats a tube" so we had a whole nother discussion about what a tube was :lol: Seems she may have pulled the wool over this old broad's eyes eh.

Cheers,

Joey