Awesome Deal

DRIFTER_016

I always have the CCG approved cheapies in the boat.. so that would cover it.. BUT a have heard they are going to mandate wearing a PFD very shortly.. and they would have to be Canadian approved if worn.

I already ordered 6 Rick ! lol (for basically the price of the one Mustang that I use in the airplane)

Interesting to note... if you go to Helly Hansen's website.. the US site shows this model.. the Canadian site doesn't and has no auto inflaters.. telling me they couldn't get CCG approval on them, but got USCG and sold to the bigger market. Either way...may actually get the "canoe" gang that frequents our place to wear these puppies!...while they sit on the other ones!

Edited by irishfield

Has anyone ordered from this company before, how are there shipping rates, and who do they use ups, usps, etc..? Tried there 1-800 number but only got voice mail. Thanks in advance chris.

You have the choice at check out of UPS.. USPS.. and other choices. If you want a quote for postage before commiting.. you can click that icon too. Considering 6 jackets cost what my one Mustang did a couple years back... I'm not too worried about the postage rate to insure my kids and friends have these on during their next canoeing adventure...

Can someone answer this then, if an american comes to Canada with their PFD's, do they get fined for not having a CCG approved PFD?

Rob C

they are ok on their own boat

Ya, like Terry said. (Has that even been writen before? ;) )

If the jackets are legal in the state that the boat is from. Or country for that matter. Not many boats from Brazil up here in Canada I'm sure, however.

As with most things the officer's discretion comes into play. Generaly they are more consernd about safety rather than the letter of the law and trying to find out what is leagal in the state the boat is from, although the internet makes that a lot easier.

Something else that I wasn't aware of (partialy because I don't use a inflatible pfd) If you don't have your inflatible on, it doesn't count as a pfd.

Don't take my word for it, find-out for yourself. If you try to tell the officer that some guy on the interent said something was ok you deserve whatever happens to you. :P

TAKE NOTE !!!! They can only ship these Via UPS ground because of the compressed air cansisters.. Even though the website check out lets you select USPS Ground International.. they can not, nor will not ship them via the post office.

UPS is notorious for extravagant Brokerage fees... but considering the savings.. I told them to go ahead with my order.

They charged me $30, for UPS shipping, for 6 units. I'll see what the brokerage is when UPS calls...

Edited by irishfield

TAKE NOTE !!!! They can only ship these Via UPS ground. Even though the website check out lets you select USPS Ground International.. they can not, nor will not ship them via the post office.

UPS is notorious for extravagant Brokerage fees... but considering the savings.. I told them to go ahead with my order.

Usually about $40, I'm still buying 2 of them.

shipping for one

Good Afternoon Terry,

The shipping fee would be $14.78. Shipping UPS Standard Ground/Hazmat.

Thank you,

Wendy

Call Center Representative

Defender Industries

[email protected]

800-628-8225 x136

Fax 800-654-1616

Call Center Hours

Monday – Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm

Saturday 9:00am – 3:00pm

Sunday CLOSED

Outlet Store Hours

Monday – Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm

Thursday & Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm

Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm

Sunday CLOSED

I had ordered one but when I found out UPS was the shipper I cancelled .There are a couple businesses in town that have stopped using UPS because of the high brokerage fees. It is a great deal and if you check the defender site you can find 4 models on sale.You can check Canadian prices here.

https://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?get...;d=08&c=084

Edited by desship