I think I should quit my job and start selling lures on ebay.

Syn

A regular Sunday night, checking out ebay for dirt cheap deals and I stumble across a really sweet looking glidebait, top notch artist, at a really good price (time left 4 days).

Hmm lets see what else he sells: OMG: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I wish I could sell lures for $150. Wonder if its too late for college students to change their major to "Musky lure making". :lol:

Edited by Syn

Not the first time seeing that on ebay seen his other baits sell for over 200+

Now do they catch fish?

Yes they do and so do the dollar store lures as well.

Your paying for the custom paint job what you do with them is up to you

holy crap! who in the hell would bid $150 on a lure??? i guess things on ebay could go for some nice money these days.... wonder how much i could sell a red paper clip for?

His gliders look beautiful more like artwork to be put on display rather than be fished with. I would have a heart attack if I lost a $200 lure, or a musky scratching it all up with its teeth. I bid on one of his other gliders but there's no way in hell I'll win it. :lol:

Edited by Syn

His gliders look beautiful more like artwork to be put on display rather than be fished with. I would have a heart attack if I lost a $200 lure, or a musky scratching it all up with its teeth.

meh, a lure is a lure..... lol i have a fit whenever i lose a lure no matter if i paid $1 for it haha. even jigs and plastics... i hate rigging them.

that is true though they are mighty fine looking lures!

meh, a lure is a lure..... lol i have a fit whenever i lose a lure no matter if i paid $1 for it haha. even jigs and plastics... i hate rigging them.

that is true though they are mighty fine looking lures!

True, you can get some really nice looking lures for relatively cheap too. I landed (excuse the pun) a 4 1/2 h2o xpress sunfish swimbait for $12 http://i26.tinypic.com/24oomyh.jpg and some $3 sammies for top water.

sounds like a nice deal..... you know where i could order some little cleo's for cheaper than i gotta pay at the local stores? (canadian tire etc.)

Sorry don't know. Of course check ebay but shipping would probably kill the deal. Maybe luremaking.com if they have DIY kits but still check the shipping cost. Possibly dollar store for a little cleo knock off?

I think Candiantire or walmart would be your best bet because they buy them in bulk and get better deals than say a smaller local store. Still though I don't mind spending a bit more for the same stuff at my local store to support them.

Edited by Syn

holy crap! who in the hell would bid $150 on a lure??? i guess things on ebay could go for some nice money these days.... wonder how much i could sell a red paper clip for?
Throw a glowing hookon it,go to fortinos, buy a pickerel,thaw it out,take a pic,and sell for $100 american on ebay.

that guy has some great work. check out the 8" perch glider... crazy paint jobs on all his baits!

Paint job is only small part of the equation, but still important. Much more important is the action of the lure and weather you can replicate it consistently. I'm following the work of this guy for at least three years now and in my opinion his job is worth every penny.

Some time ago I've tried to replicate his ideas ( after about 1 year of learning ). These are my attempts

med_gallery_186_422_58726.jpg

med_gallery_186_422_94649.jpg

Like I've said before. Paint job is only part of this. I've used "rattle cans". It is not bad, but nothing to compare with his job.

Interesting thing is that two of the lures from pictures did O.K. (in regards to action ), one of them was like piece of 2X4 and one ( which I try to replicate unsuccessfully - 23 times already) has an action called "hunting" in lure builders community.. From one point of view is worthless ( I cannot replicate it), from another is priceless ( my piont of view ). O.k enough for now. If somebody wants to make a living of it PM me. I have a lots of info for free :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A regular Sunday night, checking out ebay for dirt cheap deals and I stumble across a really sweet looking glidebait, top notch artist, at a really good price (time left 4 days).

Hmm lets see what else he sells: OMG: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I wish I could sell lures for $150. Wonder if its too late for college students to change their major to "Musky lure making". :lol:

Truth to be known, he's prolly only making 10-$15 an hour on these lures.

He has a monopoly right now, if a couple other folks sold similair products the market would be disolved. There was a guy who airbrushed smaller cranks and made a killing for a year or so, then others caught on and the market (except for loyal customers) all but fizzled out.

There was another gent you added fibre optic eyes to used lures, took some well lite picutres and did quite well, now there of a few guys doing the same.

If you have an origianl idea customizing baits you could have a very profitable product untill others check your completed listings and see the revenues. I know, I had a good thing going for a while (6 mths) then others caught on.

Edited by Harrison

He's getting $70+ for several others... the thing that get's me is, I didn't think anyone from O-Hi-Ya could be that talented! ;)

Yeah..whodathought.

I too figured they were just on par with Alabama...so far above really suprises me