Lets hear about your funniest moments

vinnimon

Mine is when I packed everthing into the car at 4am,I went to the basement to double check on gear and such.when I got back up I found all my gear on the floor and all three of them sitting in the starewell.Giving me an I dont think so mister.All three of them, wife and kids.Darn,Thank god I hid a rod and some tackle in the car.I took them to st jacobs for shopping.On our way up,I made a pit stop,HEHE,the kids were happy and the wife was fuming.We did go shopping after all.She was still fuming all the way back.

let me put it to you this way son... You stand upright as you walk out the door and announce you are Going Fishing, and just before you close the door you state Does anyone have a problem with that???... if you've done your homework, they should all be cringing in fear and will breathe a sigh of relief as you drive off! :angry:

Last April while on the bank of a favorite river the guy beside me had his cell phone go off. I listened to him tell his wife that he was still at the office and he likely wouldn't be home till late. He continued to explain exactly what project he was working on and who he had to call etc. I was dying of laughter on the bank by the end of the call.

I live by myself... Only thing I need to make sure I do is feed the cats and lock the door.

The gf always says have fun, I've never gotten grief from her about fishing, even if I've had to bump plans we had...

I think I'll hold on to her :)

Oh, man...this is priceless already...I as well don't have to sneak out, I've said it here before the little lady actually joins me for most of my fishing trips!! To anyone that loves fishing, make darn sure your future wife is okay with you doing it, I wouldn't sacrifice my love of fishing for anyone...it is just to much a part of who and what I am!

just your most memorable/funniest moments to head out regardless,thats all.Kids waiting up all night and crashing at the door,whatever,doesnt matter I have plenty.And yes my kids slept at the door way togo fishing too.And using my tackle box as a pillow also.

My first deal was 3 years to win my first tournament or I buy her a gagger diamond ring with my money/ours.

Then I gave her 1/2 my winnings. If I didn't cash a check for a few weeks it was ha BUDDY step it I have shopping trips "do you need more practice".

Bribery always worked.

Garnet

Not "exactly" what you're asking for but this popped to mind.

I remember back when I was 16 about 2 weeks after I got my drivers license.

Around 8am on a perfect March morning my mother asked if I'd shoot over to the corner store for some milk.

She was throwing me a bone, allowing me to drive the car and get some practice.

Great no problem I said.

I had already stashed my fishing gear in the trunk hoping I'd be able to make a getaway somehow.

I hopped in the car and drove to Port Hope for some steelhead fishing. (About a 21/2 hour drive away).

I fished for about 5 hours and absolutely hammered them. Back then I was still in the "keep everything" phase so I had 5 large rainbows in the cooler on the ride home.

Arrived home around 6:30-7pm with both of my parents waiting for me when I pulled in the driveway.

I knew I was gonna catch hell, but figured no matter what it was worth it.

My mother laid into me with a full frontal verbal assault.

While this was happening I popped the trunk and said "Dad, check this out!"

All traces of anger left his face when he saw the fish.

"Where'd you catch 'em?" he panted. "What'd you get 'em on?"

He hauled the cooler out of the trunk and spilled the fish out on the grass.

"Wow" he breathed. "We really have to talk".

My mother rolled her eyes and gave up the ghost.

My dad and I walked in the house chattering away about my day and my mom hopped in the car to shoot down the road and finally get her milk.

About 15 mins later there's a phone call from my mom. She'd run out of gas halfway to town (about a 2km drive). Had to walk to a friends house to call and wasn't too thrilled LOL!

I'd driven out to Port Hope without a dime in my pocket. Fortunately for me there was an almost full tank of gas, although the warning light was on for the last 45 mins of my drive.

Ahh..memories. :)

Edited by solopaddler

I once had a dream to buy a fishing boat, it was going to be a lund with a full windshield and all the gadgets. The girlfriend had a different dream and turned out she won, so now she has the engagement ring she wanted and Iam stuck fishing from shore! But she doesn't give me any trouble when I want to go fishing so I guess it's a win win.

Not "exactly" what you're asking for but this popped to mind.

I remember back when I was 16 about 2 weeks after I got my drivers license.

Around 8am on a perfect March morning my mother asked if I'd shoot over to the corner store for some milk.

She was throwing me a bone, allowing me to drive the car and get some practice.

Great no problem I said.

I had already stashed my fishing gear in the trunk hoping I'd be able to make a getaway somehow.

I hopped in the car and drove to Port Hope for some steelhead fishing. (About a 21/2 hour drive away).

I fished for about 5 hours and absolutely hammered them. Back then I was still in the "keep everything" phase so I had 5 large rainbows in the cooler on the ride home.

Arrived home around 6:30-7pm with both of my parents waiting for me when I pulled in the driveway.

I knew I was gonna catch hell, but figured no matter what it was worth it.

My mother laid into me with a full frontal verbal assault.

While this was happening I popped the trunk and said "Dad, check this out!"

All traces of anger left his face when he saw the fish.

"Where'd you catch 'em?" he panted. "What'd you get 'em on?"

He hauled the cooler out of the trunk and spilled the fish out on the grass.

"Wow" he breathed. "We really have to talk".

My mother rolled her eyes and gave up the ghost.

My dad and I walked in the house chattering away about my day and my mom hopped in the car to shoot down the road and finally get her milk.

About 15 mins later there's a phone call from my mom. She'd run out of gas halfway to town (about a 2km drive). Had to walk to a friends house to call and wasn't too thrilled LOL!

I'd driven out to Port Hope without a dime in my pocket. Fortunately for me there was an almost full tank of gas, although the warning light was on for the last 45 mins of my drive.

Ahh..memories. :)

There we go ,thats exactly what I want to here.you to eh!Except I caught a g/f and snuck her out the door.Funny thing is, We were all visit her family,and i dodged out for an hour cirlcing the block to pick her up and she had to wait at the dinner table and drink all the milk.So she can head out the door for some more.I bought the milk and I got the some more.oh ya.My dad knew what was up,and her dad (not a clue)

I once had a dream to buy a fishing boat, it was going to be a lund with a full windshield and all the gadgets. The girlfriend had a different dream and turned out she won, so now she has the engagement ring she wanted and Iam stuck fishing from shore! But she doesn't give me any trouble when I want to go fishing so I guess it's a win win.
Mine got a ring and a house and I promised to get rid of the boat.So I did,In that I found a stray boat that needed a home.So I brought it home.Man was she pissed.HeHe Things we do.I do like to stir the pot for sure.

LOL...i'm a lucky man...never had to sneek out before.

I did once have to pretend i was going fishing though when i wasn't....lol.

Last march my wife's friends were havinbg a surprise baby shower for her...i had to think of an excuse that was beleivable to get out of the house without her and help set up.

Going fishing was believable....only prob is, because it was March i had to put the snowmachine on the trailer, flip over shack in the truck...the whole works...even left the house wearing my Sorels and bib pants....carrying a cooler full of minnows!

She was kinda pissed that i was being that devious... lol

Man, you are doing it all wrong if you have to sneek out. Here is what I do:

I wake Sue up around 4:00 in the morning, tell her I can't sleep and need to do something, ask her if I should stay in bed and "cuddle" or should I just go fishing for a while. I guarentee she will tell me to make sure I dress warm and have a good time fishing! As long as she thinks it was her choice, everyone is happy :D You young guys have so much to learn about making a marrage happy!