Going shopping

motv8tr

Well I am not a happy camper this morning. I had been in touch with the manager of Sobey's in Alcona and he had offered us 100 hot dogs and buns for free, and everything else that was needed at his cost. I thought that was darn nice of him. I have e-mailed him 3 times with the list of stuff that was still needed looking for pricing. Even after assuring me on the phone 2 days ago that it was on the way, I have still not heard from him. I also haven't been able to confirm the pick up of the hot dogs and buns.

So, with that being said, I am going to stop into Costco on my way home from picking up my 2yr old great nephew and pick up what we still need. If anyone wishes to help me with the costs, I will not be turning you away ;) .

I will post what I bought and the cost when I get home.

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

That stinks Moe. I wish we had a bit more time, Len & Pattie Thurston at the Butcher Block & Abattoir here in Lindsay couldn't afford to DONATE the sausages we needed but they are making 33 lbs of mild & 33 lbs of Octoberfest sausages (they don't sell it by the link, they sell it by the coil and Len figured we should get 3 nice size sausages per lb) fresh for me to pickup this afternoon for their cost. $100.00 for the lot. Roy, Justherb, and I are all kicking in to cover that. I would suggest that whatever you do have to shell out for the rest of the stuff that is needed that it shouldn't come out of your pocket, I think you have contributed more than your fair share already.

Too bad about Sobey's but we'll know better for next year!

Maureen,

It's possible that something has happened to the manager or (s)he is swamped with other issues etc. This happens fairly often to my wife... after confirming commitments there will be a lapse in communication causing stress and worry and at the last moment things come together. In fact this happened with Hot Dogs from Loblaws for a school fundraiser. It often happens with prize donations too. Fortunately she has never been stiffed and I hope the same for you.

I get the feeling that thier contributions - as generous as they are in our eyes, may be reletivly insignificant to them and low priority. Meanwhile it's all you can think about while trying coordinate so many things for this event.

I hope everything works out, keep trying to contact the manager.

-Brian

SlowPoke is most likely right , but end of the day ...you get stood up !

Wish I had known sooner , #1 son works at Zehrs in Barrie maybe could have got a deal .

Ah always next year .Don't fret too much maybe a few extra $$ will be donated so the cost of food doesn't take away from reason we are all there .

TB

SlowPoke & Tinbanger could very well be right Moe. It is really important to us but the manager may have a lot bigger issues to deal with. Perhaps one more call to explain that we have to have an answer right now so we can put all the pieces together and fill any voids would do the trick.

I really can't see them standing you up at this point, but I'm sure that a store with hundreds of dollars in sales being rung through their cash every minute has a lot more than some burgers, buns, and hotdogs to think about!

One more chance?

Want me to call for you?

Hey Mo its only been 2 days since he talked to you he might be very busy as said by brian try calling him later today I know when I am trying to get donations it can be hard as brian also pointed out. Sometimes email is not the way to do things as I have been very busy latley and have not checked my emails or read posts or called alot of people. we do get busy and might get side tracked from what is very inportant to another which is your case you have. I bet things work out for you just give the guy a chance they would not stiff you on purpose call him. Just my 2 cents

Hey guys, I did talk to the manager on the phone two/three days ago, at that time he told me he was looking at my e-mail, and would send me what I needed right away...still nothing. I can appreciate someone being busy, really I'm not that unreasonable, but I can't afford to wait any longer. I have an incredibly busy day and evening ahead of me and can't take any chances of not having what we need. That is why I will pick it up on my way back up the road this afternoon, Costco has good prices and I really like their burgers too :)

Maureen

Moe,

Let me know what you are putting out of your pocket, and I can re-imburse you for some of the items.

I have to be in Aclona and the park sometime to day, do you want me to drop in and speak with the manager face to face. Let me know his name, It couldn't hurt.

my cell #(705) 717 4557

John

Thanks JR, I appreciate that. As for speaking to him, go ahead, but I am coming back through Barrie around 2pm, I hope, and if I haven't heard anything by then, I'll go to Costco and we'll pass on sobey's. The managers name is Kevin Augustyne, 705 431-6667 you can reach me at 416-726-8528.

Gotta go now

Maureen

:stretcher: This could be costly to get him out :clapping: Well at least they came through... If I'd have known this problem was there, I would have gone after Weston Bakerys for the other Buns as well.. Every thing was waiting for me at 9.00 am this morning in Etobicoke at there store.... Way to go WESTON BAKERY :clapping:

Hey all, I'm home now, finally, now my house really is a zoo, just added a 2yr old to the mix for the weekend :w00t: . As for Sobey's while JR was there, he gave the manager my cell phone number so he could call me. It seems the stores e-mail was down, and apparently my number was not paseed on to him a few days ago. Sobey's of Alcona has decided to supply us with 100 hot dogs and buns, as well as 100 Hamburgers and buns, along with the condiments.

My thanks goes out to Sobey's for their support.

Maureen