speed limits

sandybay

The only problem with running a sled all out is there is no room for error or reaction time. Friend of mine got killed last March on Couch on his sled. Was running full out and hit an object jutting out from the ice.

I used to trail ride a lot on the HCSA trails and we never ran more than 60kph on the ice even though our machines could do 120 ( yeah, yeah, I'm dating myself <_< )

Don't think so fella.... had the town cop hold the radar gun up and show me the 181, that he picked me off at before I backed off coming into town. Told me to pick his daughter up in dad's other car that night..... and thinking back, that was on good old CTC Tornado tires !!! :o

Edited by irishfield

Don't think so fella.... had the town cop hold the radar gun up and show me the 181, that he picked me off at before I backed off coming into town. Told me to pick his daughter up in dad's other car that night..... and thinking back, that was on good old CTC Tornado tires !!! :o

Too funny Wayne!

I was thinking ...now how long is it going to take before Irishfield replies .... :PB)B)B)

You haven't witnessed speed.. until you have the 150 MPH speedo in your '69 SuperBee.. wrapped around the bottom and sitting at 20MPH. Ahhh.. the good old days...

Or the speedo that has the stop post at the end of the scale and dad says to you...how would that needle get bent in there? :whistling:

got a sled for ice fishing and used it for the first time on the weekend... damn there fast... i went like 90 kms an hour and i was like what the hell !

Then my bro calls me a wussy and goes 130 in it... Hes nuts... those things are missles!

130 k is cruising speed. I ride Michigan trails and they have no speed limit.

The only problem with running a sled all out is there is no room for error or reaction time. Friend of mine got killed last March on Couch on his sled. Was running full out and hit an object jutting out from the ice.

I used to trail ride a lot on the HCSA trails and we never ran more than 60kph on the ice even though our machines could do 120 ( yeah, yeah, I'm dating myself <_< )

At puslinch its checked,groomed,maintained and spotter watching for us ice fisherman crossing the lake to go fishing.

Or the speedo that has the stop post at the end of the scale and dad says to you...how would that needle get bent in there? :whistling:
My dads 79 impala landau 305 4bbl.The needle was bent and I showed him how I bent the needle.Took him to an ice patch in a parking lot and stopped.Showed him actually what idid for a joke to freek him out.He bragged off to my uncles and his friends that he burried the needle finally.Mind you I came close a few times myself in that car.Too young and inexperienced.I drilled a little hole and fished the needle over to bend it.

really...I wonder how it was for stopping on ice

As I recall I started tapping the brakes roughly a mile before reaching the spot...

Surprisingly you can still manage to steer at those speeds without spinning out... But you have to be ready to countersteer..

There was roughly 1/4 mile between the OPP Sleds an I.....Had I known that they were OPP ... I probably would've attempted to slow down a little...

Back then they rode Ski Doo Safari Cheyenne 503 that top out at about 70.

You haven't witnessed speed.. until you have the 150 MPH speedo in your '69 SuperBee.. wrapped around the bottom and sitting at 20MPH. Ahhh.. the good old days...

I did 160mph in a 1967 rag top Firebird with a Chevy 350zzr crate motor I dropped into it. Ahh...flow master series 8 exhaust, hooker ceramic headers, aluminum heads, Holly 4barrels, 4 core rad, turbo 400 tranmission and posi rear end. What fun! That was only 8 years ago, so they are not only the good old days! I miss that car!

My family hated it! lol They would alaways complain about going to fast. I would tell them that we were only doing 60! They didnt know the speedo was in miles per hour:)

I tried to add a picture of it, but it tells me the file is too large. Oh well...she is a beauty though!

Ab

Edited by Abraxus