Let's See Your Boats!

MCTFisher9120

18' Starcraft Mariner CC

Finally! No more red cans to trip over.

The floor is done. I just have to build the casting deck and refurbish the console with new gauges & switches; AM/FM/XM & VHF Radios, LMS 522&525, Trollmaster and cupholders!

Your're going to love that boat when it's done. I ran its cousin a 18' Sylvan CC , 90 hp and a 9.9 kicker for the better part of 20 years on Lake Ontario for salmon and Erie for walleye and bass. Was hard to chose between the two when I was buying, Starcraft had the nicer console but the Sylvan had a built in 18 gal tank, looks like you got the best of both now. Good deep hulls for the big lake and easy to move around in. Looks like you are doing a great job on the refurbishing, nice rig.

Edited by dave524

Your're going to love that boat when it's done. I ran its cousin a 18' Sylvan CC , 90 hp and a 9.9 kicker for the better part of 20 years on Lake Ontario for salmon and Erie for walleye and bass. Was hard to chose between the two when I was buying, Starcraft had the nicer console but the Sylvan had a built in 18 gal tank, looks like you got the best of both now. Good deep hulls for the big lake and easy to move around in. Looks like you are doing a great job on the refurbishing, nice rig.

Thanks Dave.

I've had it a few years now and its been good to me apart from an electrical/motor problem incurred from helping someone start their plane. I have a 75 on it; good for 34mph loaded or empty. A 90 would be nicer :)

Since you're familier with the boat you probably know where the old casting deck ends (ahead of the new tank), the new deck will be two feet longer (behind the new tank) allowing for a lot more storage.

Here's my boat.. probably the crappiest boat on the site, lol..

1980's Mirrocraft with a 2001 15 Horse Mercury outboard.

It's my first boat, and I've had it for six months, and its been great to me.. we've caught a LOT of fish in it so far.

Probably going to keep this package for another year or two before upgrading...

mirro.jpg

Thanks Dave.

I've had it a few years now and its been good to me apart from an electrical/motor problem incurred from helping someone start their plane. I have a 75 on it; good for 34mph loaded or empty. A 90 would be nicer :)

Since you're familier with the boat you probably know where the old casting deck ends (ahead of the new tank), the new deck will be two feet longer (behind the new tank) allowing for a lot more storage.

The 90 would get 40 barely with just me and trimmed out right. Surprised on the tank location, the Sylvan had its tank back under the well at the back. I was primarily a troller so the front platform was used for little more than storage and a place to set a big igloo cooler. Console had a bench on the front with storage in it, also the seat for the driver was a good sized live well with a foam top and back rest that flipped so I most often sat facing the rear when trolling. I actually plugged the hoses for the live well on the exterior of the hull with removeable plugs and used it for tackle storage :lol: Unlike you, if I could have made any mod, it would have been to shorten the front deck a bit and move the console forward a bit to free up more room at the back, but I was almost always running riggers and such. Great that you can customize it just to your needs.

The 90 would get 40 barely with just me and trimmed out right. Surprised on the tank location, the Sylvan had its tank back under the well at the back. I was primarily a troller so the front platform was used for little more than storage and a place to set a big igloo cooler. Console had a bench on the front with storage in it, also the seat for the driver was a good sized live well with a foam top and back rest that flipped so I most often sat facing the rear when trolling. I actually plugged the hoses for the live well on the exterior of the hull with removeable plugs and used it for tackle storage :lol: Unlike you, if I could have made any mod, it would have been to shorten the front deck a bit and move the console forward a bit to free up more room at the back, but I was almost always running riggers and such. Great that you can customize it just to your needs.

I moved my console ahead about an inch. More than that and I would have had to replace the livewell hoses and travel cover. Steering and control cables may have given me six more inches before upsizing.

This boat also had the flip seat from factory on some models but there's no mounting evidence on mine; it came to me with a pedestal. I considered the flip bench but then decided against it for a few reasons. Limited access under the console (kicker tank lives there), I usually sit sideways, facing port and deck space. Underseat storage would have been nice but too many sacrifices. Depending on the day/species, I will remove the drivers seat and put it up front.

I also have plans to build a removable rear casting deck; same height as the front deck and will be a 30 second removal. I mostly troll but this boat will greatly benefit from a rear deck for those casting days. Plus, more storage!

I tend to run with a lot of gear, as JJ pointed out above!

If I enjoy it as much as I think I will, the next upgrade might be a new motor. I'd love to see a 90-115 Yamaha on the back so I can pass Percher to the salmon grounds ;)

Well I know one thing for sure, that is definately the fine launch on Chandos for the pike opener! lol

Ab

Here's mine, one of my Favourites, French River Muskie weekend in November...

LBJ1_Snowy.JPG

A little nicer on Pike Opener...

lbj1.JPG

SS Prop I put on this past summer, big improvement on performance! Course, it seems like a rock-magnet though... :huh:

SS_prop.JPG

Until you buy that, then you'll want a bigger one then a bigger one and so on. My boat is perfect for me until I see pictures of Wayne's :worthy:

I'm sure if you tackled the same body of water as him, you'd have a similar boat. That things a tank Wayne, lol.