Bull Customer service @ Fishing World

Darrell

I understand that your probably more upset with their attitude than the measly price differential (5%). Everyone has a bad day once in a while. Couldn't you have printed out the sale price information and had it price matched anywhere else? Attitude on both sides of the transaction goes a long way toward resolving these little differences.

One thing people are missing is if they are currently advertising it for a certain price than they are legally required to sell it for that price or cheaper. The old bait & switch is illegal.

Same thing applies if a retailer miss marks a price sticker.

:angry:I USED to be one of Fishing Worlds biggest fans, but after several 'Customer Service Errors" haven't been in there in over a year. The 2 that instantly came to mind . . 2 years ago I made a deal with Mike on a Stradic 6000, ($220.00) he ordered it for me, and I told him I'd be down to pick it up. As promised, I drove from Scarborough to Hamilton, asked 'the beard' if it was in . . yup, with my name on it, set aside. I told the guy Mike had promised it to me for $220.00 . . . he looks at me and says the price on the box says $250.00, THAT'S w'at ya get it fer! When I protested, he told me to 'take it up with Mike!' When I asked to speak to Mike, I was curtly told to come back next week, Mike was on holidays! I drove back home, steaming all the way. I promptly bought one, unused, still in the box, with 250 yards of 50 pound Power Pro spooled up . . $200.00!

But . . . even after promising myself I'd NEVER go back, I wanted a new FL20 Pro Pak . . . . Fishing World had the only one left within a hundred klick radius last January . . . . I spoke to someone there, told 'em I was on the way, I got there within an hour & a half . . . 'the beard' got the box off the shelf for me, I paid for it and left. First thing I did when I got home was open the box to charge it up . . . . to my dismay, the charger was missing! I triple checked the box . . . nope . . . no charger. I called the store, got 'the beard' on the phone . . . first off he asked if I could check the box again . . . there really is no room to HIDE something like that in the box . . . then he wanted to know if I had opened the box on my way home and maybe it fell out. (Sure, I'm gonna pull over on the Q.E. Way and take it outta the box?)Then he put me on 'hold' for about 5 minutes, when he came back, he told me somebody had been using it to 'charge an Aquaview' . . . then forgot to put it back. I drove back to Hamilton the next morning in a blinding snowsquall and picked it up. No apology, no offer of paying my gas . . . nothing? To add insult to injury, when I got home the 'NEW' FL20 had a fully charged battery . . . a DEMO unit? For that (and several lesser reasons) I'll NEVER go back. Mike Jackson is a great guy to do business with, but unfortunately when he's not around, customer service isn't either! :wallbash:

Edited by Photoz

As said before its illegal to do what they did. They have to honour the better/cheaper advertised price regardless if they haven't got around to changing it or even missed ONE tag on the item itself. Happened all the time when i worked in retail. Kinda like when you go to the gas station and the sign says 95 cents but the pump says 89 cents. You'll always the cheaper price (and you've think you hit the jackpot!).

As for crappy service at BPS. Kinda to be expected. Would you go into Walmart and expect a part time student to know specific details about everything? Local shops generally will have the best customer service and knowledge... they have to, its how they compete. And i don't mind payin the extra $$$ but if they don't have what i want its off to BPS or somewhere else that does.

As for the beer, Carling is the best bang for your buck hands down. :D

1 Strike - That's cool. We all make mistakes.

2 Strikes - Hmm...I'll let it slide.

3 Strikes - YOUR DONE. LATER.

As far as Fishing World goes, I've been there only once to buy my Raven IM-8 Float Rod and the service was great.

Edited by laszlo

A number of years ago I went to Fishing World wanting to purchase a baitcast reel.Tried to dicker a little bit on a high end Abu and was told that they couldn't do better on the price but would spool it up with braid at N/C so the deal was done.I was in a bit of a rush so I paid and said that I would be back later.Picked up the reel went home took it out of the box and spun the hande and the awful sounds that came out of it were from gear damage.So I took the reel back and was told that since it had already left the store that it was now a warranty issue and would have to be sent back and I would have a new reel in about a week.I was also told that if I had bought a Shimano they could do an over the counter exchange.Uh huh.I have no shortage of reels so I waited two weeks and gave them a call,still no reel but it would be in next week for sure, and they would give me a call. Uh-huh Another two weeks goes by and still have not heard from them.I decided to drop by at the store and they were in the midst of re-arranging the displays and I happened to notice a yellow No Frills bag with my name on it which is what my reel was returned in,asked to see it hoping it was my new reel sure enough it was the same damaged reel I had brought in.It had never been sent back! I was so pissed that I just grabbed the reel and left before I said or did anything that I would regret.Sent the reel to Pure Fishing which is where it was supposed to go in the first place with the story of what happened.They sent me a reel that was worth about a hundred dollars more as a replacement.Happy Ending!

Strike two

I had not stepped foot in that store for six years but I needed a box of shells for my 30-30 and happened to be driving by their new store.Went in and asked for a box of 170 grain they bagged it and I paid for them and left.Got home and noticed that they were 150 grain,no big deal but not what I asked for.Went back the next day to exchange them and waited for about ten minutes while a customer was being shown a couple of guns,fair enough they have to do business.Okay now my turn to be served. This is what I get,Sorry there is no one in the store right now authorized to exchange or give refunds on ammunition.Uh-huh.All I said was that I needed them for the morning and can't come back and was going to get them at Canadian Tire.As I was leaving I heard a comment behind my back from one co-worker to another "why didn't he just go there in the first place instead bugging us"

Strike Three

Won't happen

In response to the original post:

I am the employee who handled this situation and yes, I did not handle it in a manner suiting our business. I am not going to apologize for having an off day, I am not going to apologize for being run down...I am going to apologize for the way I handled the situation. There was a misunderstanding between Mike and myself and I should have had the sense to honour the price on the website or I should have at least gotten in touch with Mike to rectify any discrepancy. I did not do either and in doing so, did not treat the customer in a way befitting a customer. For these things I do apologize.

Some may view my apology as a way to cover our butts or try to save face, which would make us look even worse, but this is not the case. All I can do is react to the fallout of my actions and I am hoping that I can do this with a positive outcome. Believe me, I take this to heart as I try to treat everyone with equal respect and hospitality. This is a learning experience for me and I am sure I will not act in the same manner a second time.

For all our customers who are regulars, I encourage you to keep shopping with us. For any who have had similar experiences, I ask that you give us another shot. If our service is not up to par this time, then we are deserving of our reputation in your eyes. For anyone who will not shop with us again, I apologize.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for my lack of tact in this situation and hope that it can be rectified.

Nick

I love fishing world the guys are great. The guy with the black goatee is a real avid fisherman. He might not have the greatest personality but he knows fishing. My Lowrance color finder was $150.00 cheaper at Grimsby Tackle than BPS. BPS has 1 person in each department who is an expert the rest is staffed by people who couldn't get work at WaLMart. The problem at BPS the expert is always busy helping people like ourselves. Radio World is the only place I'll talk electronics - they know their stuff, will demo it for u, & their price is always better than BPS. BPS came to Canada with much hoopla - as far as I'm concerned they should've stayed in the states.

The Vaughan location is on of BPS' top retail locations. Must be a reason

I know it's done and over let it it go,move on, forgive and forget,life's too short,what more do you want,this and that.

An admission of guilt and a plea to stay on as a customer just sounds transparent to me.

Delete this post then if you find it inappropriate.

Thats why I shop there. Good on you Nick. I was watching this post for a while and started to think that I'm sure if we were to do a survey we would have equal posts on how someone has treated us wrongly at every store her in Ontario. I have had some with other stores as well. I wont name them as it does not matter everyone will agree you cant make everyone happy. Larger chains however, will tell you that theres the price and theres the door. Always. I find that the smaller stores give you the best service. Also keep in mind that if they are getting a ton of guys who are tire kickers they will get frustrated just like anyone. Maybe thats what happened. I have done so myself. It took alot of guts for him to come on an apologize like that. That can give you some indication on what type of store it is. Remember its not the money all the time. Its the service as well. If you buy stuff there at par with others, I find these guys will teach rather then say see ya. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

I know it's done and over let it it go,move on, forgive and forget,life's too short,what more do you want,this and that.

An admission of guilt and a plea to stay on as a customer just sounds transparent to me.

Delete this post then if you find it inappropriate.

A place with truly good service would not let it get this far with any customer, so I see it how you i see it. Any sort back-pedaling after the fact is just damage control not customer service.

Here we go again. I'm sorry but if you have a problem dealing with a retailer over the purchase of a bait, reel, rod, electronics, there's a good chance you might have more serious issues with important acquisitions in your life. Am I being too harsh here? If I am, complain to the mods. They'll fix it for you. Thanks for your understanding.