Winter projects lets see them

aplumma

I know of a few people here that carve, whittle,make lures or paint. Lets see some of the winters projects and how they are coming along. Joe and I are working at bringing a 83 Virago back to new life but are still working on the mechanical stuff so it is not very photogenic yet.

Art

About the only winter project I have time for is an extensive photo essay of a canoe trip I took to the Arctic Ocean almost 12 years ago. Long before I had a digital camera. I hope to post it some time in February when things are getting a little slow and the spring opener still seams to be soooo long away.

No pics but my wife says so, so it must be.....

Presently I have three 75 gallon and one 90 gallon aquariums stacked two high in my rec room. My wife says I must "downsize" to two tanks (she wants the one wall for an entertainment centre). I told her I can do, but the two tanks will be a bit longer and a bit wider. She says "OK"....

So........ I am setting up two 180 gallon tanks, stacked two high!!!! Picking up the custom metal stand on Friday....

Burt :)

Guest steel'n'esox

Just picked up some balsa wood to make another attempt at steelhead floats, I poured 500 jigheads on ultrapoint hooks and 200 on owner deepcut flip n pitch hooks, have 20 muskybaits carved out of clear pine and cedar, 7 deepdivers and 13 jerkbaits that are waiting to be airbrushed and epoxied, as well Im fishing steelhead when ever the conditions are favorable, winters go by quick when you have a hobby or two

Gonna make this look like new by spring... (or I won't be allowed to go back to the camp for the summer)

My landlord has a bunch of Dehaviland Beavers that look like that!!

Worse actually. pinch.gifpinch.gifpinch.gifpinch.gif

They're his retirement projects. He's currently working on one of them but I think he has 5 or 6 that are pretty bent up.

Just picked up some balsa wood to make another attempt at steelhead floats,

Thanks for reminding me. I also picked up about $35 worth of 1x1x36 inch balsa to build some more floats.

Plus I have several rods waiting to be built, snowmobile trailer that needs work (when it warms up some), the list goes on and on.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I have to get these ready for the spring so that I can race everyone at the cottage and dodge trees and little critters. I know, cramped work area in my basement!

dt1x.jpg

dt2x.jpg

dt3x.jpg

dt4x.jpg

I am working on this all in 2009 till present. It is an endless project and always on the go, especially during off season. This winter I want to install a wide rear tire (tranny and swing arm mods)

before:

th_harley-before.jpg

during:

th_harley-after0.jpg

now:

th_harley-after2.jpg

But who has the time when we are all out fishing???!!! Hahaha!

Disco

Here was my little restoration project for this winter. It was 50 years old. I was given this for Christmas 1959.

Here's a link to a thread where I obtained the missing info for the Briscoe's decal.

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=10545

It was painted a 1959 Massey Harris red.

Briscoes.jpg

decal.jpg

50_years_ago.jpg

Thistle.jpg

Edited by nofish4me

Dressing up like gumby is not a winter project glen..

... and you would think that if you'd caught anything of any worth recently you'd have taken a pic with that nice new camera you got for Christmas... or are you still skeered squatless that you'll hold the fish wrong and someone will bring it to your attention???

For a nominal fee... I can teach you how to take a self timer pic of you and your fish!... for an additional fee I can explain to you which fish is in season and which one isn't!

my next winter project was supposed learn how to make a chair....but now thats been put on hold so i can make a rocking horse for my granddaughter....yeah me !!!! If my wife sees this thread she is going to want me to put her car back together... :lol:

my next winter project was supposed learn how to make a chair....but now thats been put on hold so i can make a rocking horse for my granddaughter....yeah me !!!! If my wife sees this thread she is going to want me to put her car back together... :lol:
You too eh!Mine ripped the most of the exhaust system apart.She can pay for it then ill fix it.Including my time for repairs.My project is to get a 1950 5 1/2 hrse johnson seahorse running and pick up a tinner for it.Oh and fix the house too.