NF - A little Christmas Video I made...

ccmtcanada

Thank you everyone...just another hobby of mine! Glad you guys are enjoying it! Maybe another less complicated one in the works...

Awesome Cliff, can I get a copy of that?

Joey

PM me your email address again Joey...I will send the mp3 to you! Thanks a lot!

That is just fantastic, Cliff! If you don't mind, I'll be ripping that and playing it during this festive season.

Same as Joey...if you want the actual MP3, just PM me your email address...I have it somewhere, but that saves me from digging it up. Thanks Roy.

Oh Cliff, that is absolutly beautiful, thank you so much for sharing it and we'd love a copy of it too to share with our friends and family if you could manage it!

Check your inbox later today for the MP3 Cliff! If you want to share the video, just send them the youtube link...the video itself is almost 30 megabytes....too big to email.

Your Silent Night is better... when's that going up? And I do mean the song you recorded.. not like "far far away"... :D

Perhaps if I get a little time I will do a little something with that song as well...if people are interested!

awesome, Cliff ... you have inspired my son who is a budding guitarist

thanks

Glad you and your son liked the arrangement! Very happy to hear your son is inspired by it...it's not all that difficult a song...

Absolutly terrific Cliff...and my favorite Christmas song to boot...Thanks for sharing !

Maribeth just asked if Sydney helped make it !!!

Beans...Sydney sorta helped!!

My boat's better than yours.

Jim

No doubt Jim....LOL

Edited by ccmt

The Trans Siberian Orchestra could use a guy like you!

Sounds great!

I just started the whole recording thing and im fumbling along with my new equipment slowly lol.

I bought a POD Studio UX2 (w/ podfarm) and im using Audacity to record

Any tips on the whole recording concept would be greatly appreciated dude lol

Going from pluggin into an amp to plugging into a PC is a little different for sure

The Trans Siberian Orchestra could use a guy like you!

Sounds great!

I just started the whole recording thing and im fumbling along with my new equipment slowly lol.

I bought a POD Studio UX2 (w/ podfarm) and im using Audacity to record

Any tips on the whole recording concept would be greatly appreciated dude lol

Going from pluggin into an amp to plugging into a PC is a little different for sure

I don't play quite consistently enough to play with the Trans Siberian Orchestra...but thanks!! LOL.

I use audacity as well...it's a GREAT free program. I've tried some of the other software packages, but I always go back to audacity.

For all the guitar work, I always record the sound that comes through the air from the amplifier, using a condenser microphone and a PA head that can power that mic. From the PA, I go into the computer input. For bass guitar I go straight from the bass into the PA (no amp) and into the computer. If you dont have a PA or a condenser mic, then I guess it's straight into the computer all the time...but thats ok. I find the sound is a bit more "live" the way I do it.

PM me the next time you start a project, I'll be glad to help you out a bit with recording technique depending on what you are putting down!

I don't play quite consistently enough to play with the Trans Siberian Orchestra...but thanks!! LOL.

I use audacity as well...it's a GREAT free program. I've tried some of the other software packages, but I always go back to audacity.

For all the guitar work, I always record the sound that comes through the air from the amplifier, using a condenser microphone and a PA head that can power that mic. From the PA, I go into the computer input. For bass guitar I go straight from the bass into the PA (no amp) and into the computer. If you dont have a PA or a condenser mic, then I guess it's straight into the computer all the time...but thats ok. I find the sound is a bit more "live" the way I do it.

PM me the next time you start a project, I'll be glad to help you out a bit with recording technique depending on what you are putting down!

Cool , will do. I dont have a Mic or PA. I plug into this

577666.jpg

using USB and basically the Podfarm software i use as a plug in to Audacity.

Tons of fun with amp and cab simulations , a wackload of effects etc etc.....

thought this day would never end--lol

would be remiss not to compliment you on your lastest achievement here

it is easy to get caught up in all the 'nasty incidents' of late and miss a fresh and creative seasonal message-dug the hat with the tree background

YES-caught the TSO (not to be confused with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra) at ACC last month

quite a treat for the eyes and ears

Have a good one bud!

you have a nice natural talent going there

ID

• 2 weeks later...