Rice Lake

Guest steel'n'esox

Guest steel'n'esox

I heard that there is about 15 to 18 huts ready to go sitting on the shore of Bewdely and more are been made, also in the local Peterborough paper Bridgenort Sports (Frank) is advertising and geared up for ice fishing as well, not use to seeing this kind of positive activity and fishing opportunities so close to home

Huts are allowed with the same rules as the rest of the province.

Lots of new business oppourtunties that did not exist last year. Great news for our local economy.

Frank at Bridgenorth sports is involved with the winter panfish festival. It should be a great day of fishing with kids. All proceeds are being donated to the United Way.

http://www.clearvieworganizing.com/22.html

Have fun finding a new favorite winter panfish spot.

Guys can you tell me when Ice Fishing was opened up to Rice Lake or is it restricted to only the bay/town at Bewdley. Is there a place I could find out more information? ie...MNR or any other Data please.

Yes, the MNR site has posted new zone 17 changes doe 2010. search for "zone 17" here and you will get the linke from one of the many posts.

I think there should be a daily fee to have a hut on the ice.

They could hire a bunch more CO's with the money

Quick, someone find a white truck and a driver, I'll ride shotgun, if we catch him we can hold him for a ransom and....hire a bunch more CO's. Then again I don't think too many would pay to have him back.. :P